new to the spiral gold panning machine

jrib1

Jul 22, 2016
Ascutney, VT
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 , Bounty Hunter, Keene dredge/hibanker, Keene sluice, Garrett. Pinpointed, rock crusher, miller table, gold miner spiral wheel,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
show a pic of your machine im sure folks that do the placer will help ya, if you are gettin black you will get the gold also.
Gt.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your sizing is great. Lean it back to catch all the black sands and gold. Then tilt more straight up to capture the gold from the black sands, You have thusly processed for not only size but specific gravity and get the best you can get with a wheel. Once all the lower specific gravity sands are removed you have much less volume to run and less interference with the gold recovery. Ifn' it ain't got a hole through the middle it ain't worth a diddle-John

OP
OP
J

jrib1

Jul 22, 2016
Ascutney, VT
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 , Bounty Hunter, Keene dredge/hibanker, Keene sluice, Garrett. Pinpointed, rock crusher, miller table, gold miner spiral wheel,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks, I'll try that, I think I was feeding it too fast and trying to get gold out. Of black sand in the beginning

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This thread came along just in time as I just bought the Gold Magic last week for use in the next stage of processing my dry wash cons and bought the electric model for this purpose. What I liked about the Gold Magic was that it would process wet or dry material and was considering buying the manual hand crank version for dry sampling in difficult to reach places.
Anyone have any experience or input on the Gold Magic manual hand crank model?

Last edited:

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes they make great targets to fine tune my new long range rifle scopes.John

I think I'll give it a fair chance John before before turning loose my 308 on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread