Newbie from Oklahoma

terij

Aug 5, 2008
Morrison, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hi fellow Okies! I'm new to detecting and have been reading this site non-stop for the last week or so. So far, am trying to figure out what my detector (Ace 250) is telling me - I think I'm getting a little better at it. Found 12 pennies and 3 dimes today, none old, but was just practicing at the local playground. I'm in North-Central Oklahoma (Morrison) and looking forward to finding some coins older than I am! When I get a little more practice under my belt, I have permission to hunt a vacant lot where an old movie theater and hotel were torn down...hopefully I can find SOMETHING there!

Teri

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome and Ponca City here be sure to post pics of all the great finds I am sure you will pull out of there! :icon_sunny:

dtwilson3

Jul 11, 2008
Stillwater, OK
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Fisher 1212, Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Teri,

I would be interested in getting together for a hunt sometime. I am in Stillwater, so that is not too far. Let me know if you would like to go.

Don

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Welcome Teri! Didn't know Morrison was big enough to have both a movie theater and a hotel. Just kidding. Glad to have you here and Welcome to the Charter Members. The 250 is a great little machine and is bound to suprise you with all kinds of goodies. Guess we'll be seeing you at the CTH II, just look for MG and I shouldn't be too far. :wink:

batmat1028

Tenderfoot
Feb 12, 2008
Mandeville LA
Detector(s) used
White MXT, Tesoro Cibola
Teri, just remember that there is no substitution for practice with your machine. I am fairly new to md, (less than a year). I have noticed that as I get more experience, I find myself digging more keepers and less trash. I have also found good stuff in areas that I thought I had worked over when I first got my detector, so I guess the practice has helped. Best of luck,

Matt in Chandler, OK

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread