Newest Coin adventures

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I went to go get some more rolled halves and a box of pennies. EEsh! Never doing that again without a GPS unit. Tried to find a bank that is out of my way that a freind swore by. Since she works there I figured sure. Could Not find it. After getting directions over 10 times still couldn't find it. I had to go onto the next branch bank. so my 15 miles trip became a 50 mile round trip and what a waste of time. I asked for bank rolled and got homerolled ones, with black marker marks. One actually had 'mostly silver' written on it and there wasn't a single silver in the whole 110 dollars worth. The box of pennies was a bit better. No indian heads but I got 15 wheat pennies. Some were 1916, 1918 while others were 1958s. I am keeping the pre1980s pennies and putting the rest into rolls to get another box of pennies. I did get some canadian pennies, a couple dating back to 1950's.

Also was wondering, what is the best way to get crust off of pennies. I have a wheat that looks nice but it is covered in some sort of hard crust. Would peroxide take it off? PS - I normally don't clean my coins but this one is a wheatie and I want to see what its date is.

Sincerely, Garoulady

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions