Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

CherryPickinTeller

Dec 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The silver state quarters were brought up to me by a young kid who said the machine wouldnt take them. The four older ones were found left in the reject tray

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I miss the old days when I was a bank teller. Loved going thru the half dollar bags! 8-)

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice quarter score. I hope you don't work at one of my banks. I keep finding out which tellers are pickers and there are quite a few. Not that I blame them.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Very cool score! Gotta love them kids that bring you the rejects! HH, Maverick.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
wow what are the odds of finding quarters now in days? And I didn't know they made silver statehood quarters. Learn something new everyday. I have heard of people coin hunting through thousands of dollars before finding quarters. Congrats on the sweet find.

Sincerely,
Garoulady

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CherryPickinTeller said:
The silver state quarters were brought up to me by a young kid who said the machine wouldnt take them. The four older ones were found left in the reject tray

I bet that kid swiped those silver quarters from a relative.

nube250

Aug 5, 2011
IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mercury1 said:
I bet that kid swiped those silver quarters from a relative.

Agreed, a good teller would have called the kids parents to warn them about theft of the family coin collection.

I believe in karma if you have kids they may do it to you someday..

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Who said anything about theft, nobody knows how he got the coins, doesn't make the teller a bad person. Maverick.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for explaining homie, I appreciate it. Alot of banks have nice lobbies, couches, TV, coffee, Im going to make myself at home one of these days and check the reject tray before the tellers do.

He/She used the term 'kid' in a generic sense. Probably some punk, 20s, who stole them. Shoulda called da police instead of their parents.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
wow what are the odds of finding quarters now in days? And I didn't know they made silver statehood quarters. Learn something new everyday. I have heard of people coin hunting through thousands of dollars before finding quarters. Congrats on the sweet find.

Sincerely,
Garoulady

Since 1992, there have been silver proof quarters. In 1999, when they started the state quarter program, they produced silver proofs and clad proofs. The silver sets since 1999 have had silver proof versions of all the regular business strike coins.

OP
OP
C

CherryPickinTeller

Dec 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed, a good teller would have called the kids parents to warn them about theft of the family coin collection.

I believe in karma if you have kids they may do it to you someday..

The kid came up to me with the ticket and the extra coin.. I asked if he had an account, he said "no my parents have an account for me at BOA" i said im sorry but its a 5% fee. And he saod okqy how much do i get. I told him and he said i have $2 in quarters can you give me 2 $1 billa. I said sure. He put it on the counter, i didnt look, i gave him his money and the $2 and he left

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other

Sincerely,
Garoulady

They come in 5 quarter packs. I have the silver 2005 and 2007 sets I picked up at an auction once.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool, I have two of those silver state quarters and didn't know if they were plated or not

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
The 1999 silvers are worth about $45-$50 in unimpaired state.

Last edited:

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
The kid came up to me with the ticket and the extra coin.. I asked if he had an account, he said "no my parents have an account for me at BOA" i said im sorry but its a 5% fee. And he saod okqy how much do i get. I told him and he said i have $2 in quarters can you give me 2 $1 billa. I said sure. He put it on the counter, i didnt look, i gave him his money and the $2 and he left

You don't have to explain anything. Don't need to feed the trolls...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions