Nickel box #2 this week

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
My goal this week is to do at least one box of nickels every day until Friday, or 100 in CWR or teller tray rolls. Got my second box for the week today and I had a pretty decent turnout, 33 pre 60 coins, 13 of which are pre 1950. I ended up with 1 1939 (no mint mark), a trifecta of 1941 with a D, S, and no mint, a 1945 p war nickel (pretty worn down but still a silver), and a 1942 no mint (nonsilver) and a few other coins from the 1940's. 2 canadian nickels and while I was at the store someone gave me a 1982 50 peso coin and a 1981 20 peso coin, they are both a little smaller than a Ike doller, with the 20 peso being smaller than the 50 but they are pretty nice looking coins. Nonsilver but hey, free foreing coins. Good day today, hope everyone else found some good stuff too!

Upvote 0

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I also like the design on those Mexican coins, I have the 20 peso, not the 50. What condition are they in?

Sleazyj

Mar 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one bank order me 5 boxes for next week and i will be going through two boxes a day. I save pre war nickels to just because they are cool. I love getting free forgin one bank teller had a loonie and just gave it to me

OP
OP
red89

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
Just curious as to why you are collecting pre 1960 's. The composition is the same.

Well war nickels have silver in them, but aside from those I put them in my coin collecting books or give them to some of my family members who collect coins. Yeah the Composition is the same but I just enjoy keeping them. They aren't that old but I plan on just getting a full roll of each year/mint mark and then I will stop collecting that one. Who knows, maybe in 30 years the price will go up a bit, if not, some of these coins will be over 100 years old. I think that's pretty cool even though they aren't silver.

midntmn

Dec 15, 2011
one of the 13 colonies
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool... I do the same with clad Kennedys. I have every year & mint mark in a 20 coin plastic roll - all in near unc condition ---- maybe someday they will be worth more than $.50. As for now, it gives me something to do while I am looking (and looking, and looking, and looking...) for those silver coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread