ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1423616085.684702.jpg

Rick624

Sep 8, 2014
Eastern Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Old Whites 6000, Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My last 3 boxes have been a little disappointing, 1 loomis,1 brinks, and mixed put together of loomis, brinks, customer rolls. 1 war nickel, about 20 pre 60's, and a buffalo. Add into that 2.75 Canadian, those customer rolls had all the Canadian. Last week had a customer wrap that gave up 4 war nickels and the rest gave up 4 more and a buffalo, they're still out there.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Searching nickels sucks, in my opinion. I've done less than four boxes ever.

To me, they are good if I don't have a lot of bankroll and I just want to throw something into a coin machine in hopes to get an overage or some reject tray silver. It's hard for a nickel to be miscounted, damn hard I'd say. I'll go to one bank and pick up a couple rolls of nickels, check for any war nickels, and then go to the next to dump them into the coin machine, get a couple more rolls of nickels at the dump bank to dump at another, rinse and repeat.

OP
OP
zach attack

zach attack

Jul 10, 2014
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only have 2 war nickels, a buffalo and a proof this year out of about 300$ searched. Good to hear your getting good results Rick. 4 war nickels in one roll is outstanding!!! Also, Mastermind what do you search to get most of your silver. Thanks and HH.

Rick624

Sep 8, 2014
Eastern Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best score happened 3 weeks ago was also my first attempt 140. in cwr produced 120- 40's . Sold 4 rolls at 160. kept 2 rolls for me, and dumped the rest. I opened an account with a credit union as they had a coin machine. I go into every bank in town and ask for halves, Eisenhower they hardly ever do. I've tried Quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies. I think I have taken all the customer wrapped rolls to be had in my home town.

I settled on nickels because I've struck out quarters and dimes. I'll pick up CRW where I find them a box of nickels, and sometimes a box of pennies. I want to fill my Whitman coin folders Almost there in Pennies 1909-1940 1941-1974. 2 nickel folders 1939 -1961, 1 half 1964 - 1980 something. I have 4 rosies, 2 mercs, and about 5 buffalo's. Some from CRH some dirt fishing. When filled I'll either ebay them or try the local coin shop.

CRH is better than scratch tickets wish I'd tried it years ago. Use to waste hundreds on scratchies.

OP
OP
zach attack

zach attack

Jul 10, 2014
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score Rick, looks like your having a great start this year.

Rick624

Sep 8, 2014
Eastern Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you just started as the grounds frozen, another 12/18 inches of snow this week end. The ground maybe ready for detecting in july! Happy Hunting to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread