NIFC Halves

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't but if you sell on ebay with the fees and stuff you might get like a 1-5¢ profit.

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011
I save all the S-mint proofs, gold plated, and other unique ones such as the Obama painted ones (ugh). I put them on craigslist once I get 100 of them ($50 face). I sell them for $100 and always find a buyer.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I was saving them up to fill holes in my coin books, but then I tried making a profit on eBay with them, but I can barely do that (made like 75 cents on my last sale of 6 of them). I am just going to spend them unless they are in really good shape. Those I hold on to.

EDIT: I do keep ALL proofs and 1987s I find though, regardless of shape.

Last edited:

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first I kept them all, but then I realized that they just aren't uncommon to find, and even more uncommon to sell for profit. I kept 2-3 of each year/mintmark and recirculated the rest. I figure I would have over $1000 worth of NIFC had I continued to keep them. I still keep any proofs, so long as they are in really good shape. Might have 50 of those. Eventually, I'll throw them on ebay at a minimum bid that I deem enough of a profit to make it worthwhile, and if someone bites, I'll sell them. Just like Boris posted above, I have also kept every 1987 that I have found. I have absolutely no idea why I won't even give another 2002-11 half a second glance, but will toss a 1987 into the "keeper for now" pile. I guess because its older?? :icon_scratch: These will likely either end up on ebay as well and recirculated if they don't sell.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
At first I kept them all, but then I realized that they just aren't uncommon to find, and even more uncommon to sell for profit. I kept 2-3 of each year/mintmark and recirculated the rest. I figure I would have over $1000 worth of NIFC had I continued to keep them. I still keep any proofs, so long as they are in really good shape. Might have 50 of those. Eventually, I'll throw them on ebay at a minimum bid that I deem enough of a profit to make it worthwhile, and if someone bites, I'll sell them. Just like Boris posted above, I have also kept every 1987 that I have found. I have absolutely no idea why I won't even give another 2002-11 half a second glance, but will toss a 1987 into the "keeper for now" pile. I guess because its older?? :icon_scratch: These will likely either end up on ebay as well and recirculated if they don't sell.

Proofs are VERY hard for me to find where I live, so I hold on to all of them I find. I have never found a proof in any of my half dollar boxes. The only ones I've found have been out in the wild.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Proofs are VERY hard for me to find where I live, so I hold on to all of them I find. I have never found a proof in any of my half dollar boxes. The only ones I've found have been out in the wild.

Thats actually better because going through the rolling process usually scratches them up. Its rare that I find a proof in a box that I end up keeping.

OP
OP
C

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the input. I'll keep throwing the extra NIFCs back; that way others on here will have a chance to post a message saying they found some!

I've kept the proofs so far - there haven't been that many of them yet.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I throw these back now... Although starting a book might not be a bad idea, where is a good store to get coin books from??

I found 150$ worth of NIFC 2002 P/D Halves(15 rolls), sold it on Ebay for 175+6 for shipping, In my paypal account, i only recieved 175, and now I just got an ebay fee for 16 bucks, so I made a whole 10 bucks after it was all said and done... not worth the time and frustration at all...

I just realized I didnt even include my shipping cost, which was 8 bucks insured... So yeah, I made only 1 doll hair ... what a joke... screw ebays fees

Last edited:

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have over a hundred now, they all have fingerprints or scratches on them because they came out of MWR boxes. I would like to get double on Craigslist like the other poster said but I think I am in a bad area for that and eBay hasn't been so hot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions