Nokta Legend Defective shows constant random signals, broken?

SteveontheGo

Jan 20, 2022
Hello TreasureNet,
I recently purchased a Nokta Makro The Legend metal detector and after only a few uses it now seems to be defective, my Legend is constantly, continuously showing false targets, even when in the air, outdoors, it shows constant targets and beeps continuously. I have charged the battery, reset it to factory default, changed the coil, updated it to V 1.11, nothing seems to help. At least one Youtube video shows the same defect but offers no solution. Does any one else have this problem? Any solutions?

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does lowering the sensitivity improve the problem? Are there power lines nearby? Don't give up, Someone on here will walk you through a solution. And WELCOME to the forum.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like your picking up EMI (With the proliferation of devices comes more potential for electromagnetic interference, or EMI.) I would suggest turning down your sensitivity and see if you can't find the settings other people use with that detector.

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try switching to another one of the frequencies as well. Single frequencies will tend to get less EMI than multi's, I've noticed.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This video by Quarter Hoarder reviews all the controls and basics of the Legend. You will need to add to this by studying the updates for version 1.11.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On rare occasions I have run into that with a couple of different detectors. It was always SOMETHING underground it seemed. Are you always around the same location? Different areas can change.

Dirtfishin

Dec 3, 2005
Southern Tier NY (temp)
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace100 (my first one)
White's Surf Pro PI
Nokta Legend
I know I used to have issues with it in salt water and waves... until I changed to 6 tones, so at least I could tell the false from something real... still annoying, but it did help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread