Not a fossil but a footprint!

diabolicalbeans

Oct 30, 2020
W. Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I stumbled across this while metal detecting today!

(It's an Eubrontes print)
20230420_151122.jpg

Attachments

• 20230420_151122.jpg
    20230420_151122.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, your post came up as I was writing. I see it too. Your picture doesn't show it that well, but looking closely you can see the heel compression clearly. Too bad no pic with the sun not directly over head. Can't see relief. Very cool.

We can be fooled. It would be nice to know the age of that bedded formation you're standing on. That would help confirm. A state surface geology map would help with that....a quick search says the Connecticut River valley is a hot spot for finding dino prints like yours. Awesome find.

OP
OP
diabolicalbeans

diabolicalbeans

Oct 30, 2020
W. Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, your post came up as I was writing. I see it too. Your picture doesn't show it that well, but looking closely you can see the heel compression clearly. Too bad no pic with the sun not directly over head. Can't see relief. Very cool.

We can be fooled. It would be nice to know the age of that bedded formation you're standing on. That would help confirm. A state surface geology map would help with that....a quick search says the Connecticut River valley is a hot spot for finding dino prints like yours. Awesome find.
There are famous dinosaur footprints just 5 miles away
(actually the first ever officially documented). I had an ichnology forum confirm they are legit, there's actually 2 more in the picture to the right on top right.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread