Not going to Alaska!

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, my nephew didn't get his gear here to get packed for the trip. June 1 was the cutoff date. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

I may head up there in August to do a 1 day recon trip of the valley. I want to check the Y in the streams to figure out where the gold is coming from, and to check the values for possible claiming next summer. Also want to figure out the best spot for camping, and to see what is going on with those dead patches, whether it's bugs, or volcanic. It'll be about a 6 mile hike down the valley.

Upvote 0

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't worry the bugs are always there, in some places if there isn't a lot of snow the water is gone quick,y and mosquitos don't have a place to hatch.. I moved there in 1969 and know a little about bugs and Alaskan gold, going soon to check on my home in Copper Center..Forest Fire smoke depletes them also.. I was working at a LRRS about 1998 close to a famous mining area, the tailing piles were all conical shaped from being stacked with a dragline setup..I got out of the truck grabbed my gear to start hunting and the drone was so loud, the bugs were so thick I jumped back into the truck and left. Lol there was plenty of water around the tailings for them to hatch and they were there.. That is why Alaska is a very prolific breeding ground for Birds of all types.. Plenty of food.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread