Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colorado is probably on the weather news today, but it's not us here west of the Divide. This was a Front Range storm. As you can see in the pics here in town, we could probably send a Cub Scout pack out with snow shovels to take care of that. Streets have melted off now. I70 was closed both ways from Silverthorne about 55 miles east, but has just now reopened. How that does affect us is we will lose a couple of million or more on revenue on the Western Slope. I would almost guess where I work we will lose 30-40 thousand in sales, but since we do have all the spring breakers trapped here, they may offset that. So maybe 10-20 thousand, IF we get our trucks out of Denver and have stuff on the shelves to sell.
3-14aa.jpg
3-14bb.jpg
3-14cc.jpg
3-14dd.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heavy wet stuff down here for sure. It was a real back braker clearing the drive. Good thing a guy in the neighborhood has a little atv with a blade to go scooting up and down the sidewalks. This kind of heavy moisture snow will certainly turn on the spring time, once the mile high sun comes out again. All the birds will definitely be singing when that happens. Some birds like the Flickers are out there singing through all this. I guess they understand what it all means.

Attachments

• 20240314_122440.jpg
    20240314_122440.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to say it's beautiful though but I know it's a headache for y'all out there. My daughters in Denver. Said she wasn't going to get out in it. I hope not
She'll be ok GDub62. She's able to sit it out so it'll all be better over there in a couple of days, and no need to worry.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that's usually how we look, ToddsPoint. I was kinda happy with us lucking out, but I checked and none of our trucks made it last night, so that means when I go back tonight I'll have 8 or 9 trucks to deal with. (and maybe only 4 of us scheduled) Well, job security I guess.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Colorado is probably on the weather news today, but it's not us here west of the Divide. This was a Front Range storm. As you can see in the pics here in town, we could probably send a Cub Scout pack out with snow shovels to take care of that. Streets have melted off now. I70 was closed both ways from Silverthorne about 55 miles east, but has just now reopened. How that does affect us is we will lose a couple of million or more on revenue on the Western Slope. I would almost guess where I work we will lose 30-40 thousand in sales, but since we do have all the spring breakers trapped here, they may offset that. So maybe 10-20 thousand, IF we get our trucks out of Denver and have stuff on the shelves to sell.
View attachment 2137165 View attachment 2137166 View attachment 2137167 View attachment 2137168
I went and put some warmer clothes on just looking at those!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pics cyzak. I think the southern mountains might be getting a little more snow than us up here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread