"Nothing special in these rolls" says the sniper,.. I'll be the judge of that!

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Nothing special in these rolls" says the sniper,.. I'll be the judge of that!

I went to a bank that seems to slowly and steadily produce and was not disappointed. Early on in my visits the teller made it clear that they snipe any silver or interesting coins but I was undeterred and it has been rather productive. I went and asked if she had any CWRs and she says, " Yes but there is nothing special about these coins." She always says that. I hope one day she says " Oh these coins are amazing!"
I say "no problem. I think all coins are special." and bought all she had to offer. I may have forgotten quarters and pennies though. She hands me the coins and I see they are the same style rolls that have produced in the past. I try not to get too excited since lightning doesn't often strike twice but I got out to the car and BOOM! I open the first roll and see these nice silver edges. I guess they are only sniping big game there because you can't miss these- they practically blind you. They are 90s S proof cameo coins. There were also a number of cupronickel proofs I picked out as well. I opened the nickels and got a greater quantity of nice condition S cameo proof coins. I'll have to post some close ups but no evident damage to any coins. These are straight out of a collectors drawer and into the rolls. Someone's going to be sad their kid spent their collection. They are slowly whittling them into rolls and cashing them in. I guess I'll have to go back and get the quarters and pennies but so far its only been nickels and dimes so I guess I instinctively just asked for what's been working. I need to get a little more broad with it I guess. More pics coming but wanted to give you guys (especially Dozer b/c he got me hooked on dimes lol) something off the beaten track.

Attachments

• IMG_20180511_143700144_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180511_143700144_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 130
Upvote 0

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice grabs. Mum's the word at the teller's window, eh?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread