Now I think the carrier is going through my boxes also

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I have not found any silver in 4 weeks. The first week the 2 boxes looked like they had been dropped and were broken on the one end. For three weeks now I have gotten 2 boxes a week that were both completly open on one end or taped back up. I called and told the teller if the boxes are open this week I don't want them and to not accept them for me from the truck. She says that is how they are coming. This last box clearly looked as if every roll had been openned and then just rerolled. I guess it is time to try a new bank for pickups.

Found this Merc ender in a dime box today. Sorry I only have the scanner.

Attachments

• mercender31212.jpg
    mercender31212.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 529
Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Carriers do not search the coins. They don't own them,they don't search them.

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
coolpix9 said:

Well someone is openning one end of the box and unrolling each roll for four weeks now. The old lady teller at the bank tells me that is how she got them, already openned. Someone is IMO.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
minkybodl said:
coolpix9 said:

Well someone is openning one end of the box and unrolling each roll for four weeks now. The old lady teller at the bank tells me that is how she got them, already openned. Someone is IMO.
I'd place my bet on the tellers.

cbrtriple8

Aug 11, 2011
Just got an email from the Feds saying that Loomis, Brinks, and Garda's employees are searching coin rolls!!
This hobby is coming to the END, might as well just quit , and go Metal Detecting.

:headbang: :headbang:

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fistfulladirt said:
minkybodl said:
coolpix9 said:

I'd place my bet on the tellers.
At one branch my boxes were open every week, and the reraps were looking more carelessly done each week. Well this last week I told the teller I need to have them sealed when I pick them up, well waht do ya know, both boxes produced, the only boxes I've ever got from there that produced. HMMMMMMMM

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
coolpix9 said:

I'm going to throw out there that maybe some armored car guys are opening rolls. I have no doubt that you are correct in that it is corporate policy that carriers may not search the coins, but I would not be surprised at all if it turned out that some $10/hour armored car guard is supplementing his income (against policy but perhaps not illegal) during his free time.

*ducks head*

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
After eight boxes, all open, I'm pretty sure someone is going through them. I just need to get it stopped one way or the other.

The Merc ender was a 1920D and I found a 1943 inside, all I found in the box. At least it was a sealed box.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time you pull behind a Garda or brinks truck and they open the rear door you'll notice boxed coins are in a very small space compartment almost imposable for a driver or carrier to touch these box's. from the inside. I say open the box in front of the teller if you think they have been tampered with call the manager.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
onfire said:
Next time you pull behind a Garda or brinks truck and they open the rear door you'll notice boxed coins are in a very small space compartment almost imposable for a driver or carrier to touch these box's. from the inside. I say open the box in front of the teller if you think they have been tampered with call the manager.
It's not like they're a box of donuts and someone has tampered with the food. It's a box of coin...as long as the count is correct, what they gonna do? Check for counterfeits?

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the easiest answer is to just try another bank. If its the tellers, you can just try a different branch. If its the carrier than try a different carrier. It is not hard to find banks willing to order. I know I am in a well populated area, but I have a list of over 10 banks that are willing to order for me without any problem all on my normal daily route. This list could easily be tripled.

If you don't like something, I am a strong believer that YOU need to change it...
N8

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I agree N8, I need to take care of this which I think I have.

I'm going to try to get it corrected at the bank first. They have been my best pickup bank, the tellers are all nice, I'm the only one they take care of with coins, and they order extra for me and don't care if I pick them up all on the same day, the VT tries to have enough for me anytime all week. I have never found more than a few coins at a time but there was usually something.

I told the teller not to accept any more open boxes from the carrier for me and she said would see what she could do. She also said she was going to call the main Vault Teller up in Tampa and report the incident because I was short a couple of halfs in one of the boxes and I told her about that. I have a couple other pickup banks that I use but this one has been my best so I'd like to try to fix the problem if possible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread