Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a real shame! The taxpayer funded US Forest Service built these roads so that large timber corporations could access the timber sales they bought for a ridiculously low sum, and now they are closing access roads for recreational use by US Citizens, to save the disturbed wildlife. Clearcutting a few square miles didn't disturb them? I once bought a salvage logging permit to a square mile of the Pack River drainage in Idaho, burned by forest fire, for $6.00! (1972). Dead standing virgin cedar. I agree, tyranny.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they do that to stop to illegal camping, little North fork and opal creek, its an over crowded area in the summer
whats not in the wilderness area is designated "scenic area" they cant limit people using the area but if the general public
wants access they have to park along the road and walk in, If you are the claim owner you can move the rocks,
might have to let them know when you are going to be there, I've talked to them on another claim, you give them an initiation letter
they give you a coordination letter, always get things in writing. would have been better to put in a double lock gate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Well it looks like they destroyed the road. How do you fix that?

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to me that these "federal lands" are always in an area with precious metals, valuable minerals, treasures with decent amount of evidence, etc. It seems that all these areas of potential value is always a "conservation area, WMA, wilderness area, archeological site, etc". It's all a sham. They are wanting these gold belts for themselves. Has nothing to do with protection and conservation. That's why you can't dredge, sluice, metal detect, etc. In the national forests. They know that nobody will get rich by panning. But wait, they recently did authorize metal detecting. Where? In the damn trash infested picnic/recreation area. This is for NF's only. In the areas where there is potential to make a decent amount, even with panning, they are those conservation and protected areas. Coincidence? I think not!!

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, just curious - That sounded like it came outta my mouth, but i cant write or talk that well. I would LIKE THIS if i could figure out how to do that, plus many more i would have given also.
Anyway great answer.! johnnysau

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread