Nox Coil Issues

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
A common milk jug. Cut a flat area out of the side then place teardrop on it and trace around it with a Sharpie. The cut a little smaller. Scissors work great . Exacto for the hole. Doesn’t have to be perfect because they won’t be seen. One behind each teardrop is perfect thickness .
Doug

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did you use for the spacer behind the tear drop washers?
I cut them from a thin piece of plastic drink jug using the rubber washers for a pattern. They were just a bit tight so I sanded them down a bit. The material you use needs to be pretty thin. Put them in the shaft first and the rubbers on top so they touch the coil.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
I cut them from a thin piece of plastic drink jug using the rubber washers for a pattern. They were just a bit tight so I sanded them down a bit. The material you use needs to be pretty thin. Put them in the shaft first and the rubbers on top so they touch the coil.
Mine were snug to so I added some dielectric grease on them and it slid between the ears snugly but that way I know I don’t have to tighten them so tight and they hardly bend at the perfect tension.
Doug

OP
OP
KSdiver

KSdiver

Sep 15, 2006
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab, Nokta Makro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the responses and advice! I appreciate your knowledge and input.
I'm going to move forward with the Equinox purchase - on the fence between the 600 and 800.
Now just have to come up with the funds and justify the purchase to the wife!

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Thank you all for the responses and advice! I appreciate your knowledge and input.
I'm going to move forward with the Equinox purchase - on the fence between the 600 and 800.
Now just have to come up with the funds and justify the purchase to the wife!
That depends on your detecting situation.
600/800 both good. 800 gives you more options. I have both so it depends on I guess how much you plan on detecting.
The 800 has more options. Both have the same sensitivity and signals. Many have gone to Equinox from the AT which is a good machine but I have never seen anyone go back. The Equinox is very sensitive and at times I have to dial back the sensitivity depending on situation. In heaven trashy areas I lower it as low as 10.
Doug

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have all three coils for the Equinox. The ears on the big one broke about 8 months ago and Minelab replaced it no problem. The rest of my coils have been fine. If Minelab will continue to warrant them, I see no reason to complain or balk at buying the Nox. Naturally, a stronger design would be nice so we don't have to deal with it and pay to have it shipped back to them.

Dirt Duke

Aug 26, 2018
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KSDiver, Bring it in through the back door.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread