Nox question related to the new Xterra Pro

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Everyone a bought a new xterra pro detector, mind you my very 1st minelab. I'm truely a hard up whites guy, but decided to dive in with something a lil cheaper than a equinox 800/900. I acquired private permission to hunt a early kansas ghost town, that's not on any maps or registry.
My question is: Square nails are in the 97-99 VDI/TDI #'s on my xterra pro & I've heard on the Nox 900 they are 98 & 99.
I can only notch out blocks of 4 on the Xterra Pro, so I would have to notch out #'s 96-99 on the xterra pro.
Will I lose signal/discriminate on deep silver/large coins at deeper depths?
Thanks. Sorry for the long read.

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not think you would miss them. Generally if a coin is next to iron it will lower the ID of the coin in my experience.

Also on iron trash when you locate a target and you narrow it down if you pinpoint it and it is iron it will not be under the center of the coil. Or off center of the coil.

That is from my experience.

OP
OP
K

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do not think you would miss them. Generally if a coin is next to iron it will lower the ID of the coin in my experience.

Also on iron trash when you locate a target and you narrow it down if you pinpoint it and it is iron it will not be under the center of the coil. Or off center of the coil.

That is from my experience.
Thanks a bunch, being new to the xterra pro, I have noticed that the iron I dug was not as I pin pointed it, when the object was dug.

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it always seems off center. So the signal is bouncing off of the edge of iron and when you swing it over iron it will null out.

This is on both xterra pro and also the equinox.

In iron I search with the horse shoe on. When you get a good signal you will know as it will pinpoint to the center of the coil.

Also you may want to increase your recovery speed and slow your sweep speed a bit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread