Odd aluminum coin I think ( hey iron patch )

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2015
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello again everyone hope today finds you all well !

today I went to a different part of this site it was hot as hades out there !
Under a root 5 inches down aaimdig this coin super light rotted through in spots
I have no idea what it is ! there are words it says a republica across one side is scan not make out much else any ideas post them pleases
Thanks east coast image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 3

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like one of those aluminum tokens (this one for Calvin Coolidge) that Shell used to give out over the years. I remember them from as far back as 1968! It's hard to read, but should clean right up with an application of aluminum jelly. Might also be some sort of token, but I would expect one from 1929 to be copper. The maker's mark on the spoon is nice. Congrats! :thumbsup:

Yes hot as heck here today in NJ and seems no rain now since forever :dontknow:

Last edited:

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
It's an aluminum token related to the 30th President Calvin Coolidge (served 1923-1929). He was a Republican so that is what you were able to read. Not sure if this was simply a prosperity token or maybe something put out later by Cracker Jack or some larger oil companies as part of a "collect all these and get free...gas/more stuff you don't need" etc. Age on it is relative but i'd think probably 50s or 60s.

Hope this helps.

-H

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chewed up a bit…not really in Iron Patches field…only if it were a few years older and not made out of aluminum….still neat though..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread