Off of work, a LITTLE pre Thanksgiving score!

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm off of work today and wake up around 11ish (slept in) and started calling around 20 or so banks before they close early for thanksgiving, a couple of which didn't even pick up. I was pretty shocked, all 20 either had less than 2 dollars worth or said no, no halves sorry..kinda discouraging but was curious about one of the banks that didn't pick up, I wasn't really planning on going but I was going to be down that way so what the heck lol. Went to Walmart (had to take something back) then got to the bank and walked in, the place was pretty busy since banks will be closed tomorrow. I ask this nice 20 something lady if she has any halves in a holiday spirit kind of way (whatever that means) she goes "yes I think I have 1.50 worth" and I pause hesitate for a second and she goes "how many are u trying to get?" I reply with "as many as I can really?!.." at the same time her vault manager comes by "he's asking for halves? We have some in the vault, probably 90 dollars worth"..teller asks me "Is that okay 80?", in a why the hell would you want 80 dollars worth type of way, I reply with "yeah that's fine.." in a nonchalant fashion. They both walk away for a moment and grab the stash and walk it back up to me..I immediately notice writing on some of the rolls, ah account numbers, about half (no pun intended) are customer wrapped rolls), that excited me on a otherwise unexciting Wednesday. I walk out go into my car and open the first roll my fingers find, open up one end and get a unimpressive 1974 lol fail..I put the skunk roll down in utter discuss Lol and drive home..i get back to the house eat some food and start to unwrap these clad wonderboys..skunk, skunk, skunk, its amazing how your random roll choices equal skunk so well until the last few..3 rolls left, first one I see a 1969, I was pretty shocked because I wasn't expecting anything. I was pretty stoked, opened up the second to last roll and there it is my first 1964, with it's beautiful edge almost bright white I knew it was a 90 percenter right away, bingo! The last roll was a skunk. Boo put em all back in their clad jackets for the winter..so.all in all pretty sweet, Other cool finds in the stash ill be keeping was a 2006, a 2003, a mint state bicentennial and a really nice 96 and 71 halfs. Not such a huge find but big for me (first 64). This is why sometimes coming into the branch can be more valuable than calling because sometimes you just can't get through to them easily, going is better than not knowing that's what I say. Im going to start going into branches more often i am starting to get different answers with the phone vs in person, one reason is because u can actually check to see if they are looking for you and as well as asking the other tellers...
Check out the images below and thanks for reading!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any silver is always a big deal... Especially the 64s! Cool story and cool pix.

Catcake

Oct 19, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! I can't wait to try Brentwood and see if I can have similar luck!

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck!

Last edited:

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Today was not bad for me either, Found 1 40% out of 100 of them ($50 worth). Wasnt even going to stop in but thought, what the heck, why not. Good find by the way!

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50cent said:
Today was not bad for me either, Found 1 40% out of 100 of them ($50 worth). Wasnt even going to stop in but thought, what the heck, why not. Good find by the way!

Good job going with your instincts and getting that silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread