Offbeat treasure hunting dryer style

Snowjonson

Sep 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The house I'm renting came with a dryer and it's having problems so I took it apart to fix it. I can't believe how much change was in the body. You could easily find rings and all kinds of goodies in there. I ended up with $9.65 in change! Only takes a few minutes to remove the front panel. It might be worth checking yours out! Never know...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432839190.258519.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432839209.431231.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432839228.290258.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432839240.196948.jpg

Upvote 11

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, how do you take a front panel off? I suspect mine is loaded with change.

OP
OP
Snowjonson

Snowjonson

Sep 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, how do you take a front panel off? I suspect mine is loaded with change.

This was the process for mine, yours might be different: it's a good idea to unplug it first but if you don't want to pull it out to unplug you should be ok, just don't accidentally start it.

Mine was a Kenmore and has the lint screen on top so I had to remove the lint screen just like you are cleaning it and there were 2 screws under that, then you have to pull the whole top towards you and then push up and it should just come right up, it's on a pivot so just let it pivot all the way back, then there was 2 bolts one on each side on the top front of the drier. Once I got rid of those just pull straight up and the front section came right off. Easy peezy

My dryer had the model number right inside the dryer door, so if yours is different, you can just google how to remove the front panel for your model.

Let me know what you find!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty cool..... I wonder if they will mind me ripping the faces off all the dryers in the local Laundromats lol

OP
OP
Snowjonson

Snowjonson

Sep 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty cool..... I wonder if they will mind me ripping the faces off all the dryers in the local Laundromats lol

Haha I was thinking the exact same thing! That or going to the dump and taking apart dryers there would be easier. All you need is about 10 dryers and you could get a decent paycheck!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting! Maybe worth to check the washer too! :thumbsup:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Treasure is where you find it. Nice score :thumbsup: The Dryer gods provided this token payment for your services.

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back in the day when I did some moonlighting type appliance repair I regularly found "treasure" in dryers. Yes, it is possible to find rings....but generally because of fairly tight panel tolerances.... Slim bands are more prevalent... My clad record is 27+$ dollars in a machine. Here's a tip, if you come across a dryer and you can rock it back and forth, maybe twenty degrees? You can hear the loot sliding... Evan FEEL IT SLIDING! as was the case in the twenty plus machines... Hh, and as always, God bless you all.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting