Oh well, I don’t listen…

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
After 3 days of severe back spasms, I wad told I could walk for mild exercise today. I decided to walk a permission.
I told myself “no bending over, unless I find a bona fide tool.
Well, I couldn’t resist these chunks of debitage and a pc of pottery (not NA). The lower left piece looks a lot like a preform. Bottom right appears to have been colored by heat.
I guess no more field walks until I’m healed. I can’t trust myself to make good decisions.

Attachments

• IMG_2391.jpeg
    IMG_2391.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
Upvote 7

GDub62

Feb 2, 2022
Georgia
Pretty much all I ever find. But still looking. Got a walking stick? Grab hold to it and bend at the knees. Saves alot of stress on your back

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
That’s why I don’t go anywhere except where I have permission cause I know I can’t resist if I see something. I know you were where you had permission but I wouldn’t go again until you are healthy. Getting older isn’t any fun. But I bet you enjoyed the walk

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Pretty much all I ever find. But still looking. Got a walking stick? Grab hold to it and bend at the knees. Saves alot of stress on your back
What part of Georgia are you in? You can send me a pm if you don’t want to put it in open forum

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pottery looks like a salt glaze. I know the feeling of not being able to resist looking, sometimes I’ll see something at a distance that is hard to get to like the opposite bank of a stream or over a fence, maybe halfway up a steep hill and even when I know it’s probably nothing I always find myself figuring out a way to get to a closer look at a leaf or a stick in the mud.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My back is fine these days, but years ago, I had chronic low back problems. And if walking a field on a Monday, I would first make an appointment with my chiropractor for Tuesday. I knew there was no point in thinking I would not need an adjustment, or be in pain for awhile. It was either that, or stop hunting. Yeah, right, lol…..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread