Old carvings on Boulder

akemberson

Sep 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During medal detecting I stumbled across these odd markings. As u can see the Indian head with a boot with a crown? Below reads 1774. I have a few more pics of other carvings. Appreciate any info on this. Location was in bullitt county ky south of Louisville. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 6
OP
OP
A

akemberson

Sep 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it sure is. Did hours of research and found that a group of Indians were murdered in that area by the white men because they had a large amount of Spanish gold/silver coins hidden and wouldn't tell them location. I'm sure there are more clues in the area on where this treasure is but its like looking for a needle In a hay stack!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WELCOME NEW MEMBER AND DANG WHAT A STORY. WONDER WHO DID ALL THE SCRAWLING . THATS A NEAT FIND , WAIT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT IT ...

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe contact the state archies----after you scour that place like a skillet. DIGITALL

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it sure is. Did hours of research and found that a group of Indians were murdered in that area by the white men because they had a large amount of Spanish gold/silver coins hidden and wouldn't tell them location. I'm sure there are more clues in the area on where this treasure is but its like looking for a needle In a hay stack!

The rock carvings are cool but that story is like any other far fetched treasure story. If the carvings are truly period then that's the real treasure!

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting, lots of possibilities.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AAAAHHHHHH The stuff that legendary lore is made up of! FIND THAT TREASURE!!!!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool stuff !!!!!!! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
A

akemberson

Sep 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a little research there was a battle between the French and the Indians in 1600s in this area. I'm guessing gold/silver was stolen from the French and Indians were murdered on this knob. I forgot to take pics of the mounds on top this hill... Maybe they were buried here? I'm def. going back with more man power and see if we can find and artifacts at least.

hightonehunter

Oct 21, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Elite 2200( First Texas ), Garrett pro pointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in Louisville. Send me a message if you want a little help checking the sight.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone putting a date of 1774 was a non-native, ie European. So its not a native carving, & can't be connected to the story of hidden Treasure. I'm completely guessing that its a 'White mans' warning of hostile Natives ahead.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions