Old House Place Gives Up 2 Silvers!

kristof.wanderer

Mar 23, 2014
Nacogdoches Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to an old house place that belonged to a co-worker's great grandparents and the front yard was LOADED! I've covered about 10% so far and I can't wait to get back! There are two other old home sites nearby that he also said I could go to (one had a bar on the river.)
I spoke to a neighbor who said his grandfather plowed up a gold Spanish coin years back, and his hard has never been metal detected either. He granted me permission to detect his property also. I hope the coin streak continues! I've had quite the luck lately. :)

Attachments

• 1442544057846.jpg
    1442544057846.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 4

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt,,, I would go back over the 10% you already hunted,, real slow and low.
Listen for the deep faint signals,, ( Silver). You already got the clad out of the way.

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks good and like there should be more. Great job getting all those permissions and good luck.

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice haul. Good luck with your future finds.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gotta love those target rich environments!, good job on the silvers, good luck when u go back

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on getting permission to hunt that coin rich property. :occasion14: Take your time. It may take a month or so to clean it out. I recommend that you not over hunt 1 area. I'd hit it in a grid going in a direction for example east to west and then hit the property again going north to south. I always wait a week or more on a permission to allow the sod/plugs to heal. It's your permission, take all the time you need. Looking forward to you future posts concerning this site. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions