Old silver ring - Would you clean it UPDATE!

Kapidr

Mar 17, 2014
By the sea
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Here is the original post - I've been working an area where old pilings that haven't been uncovered for over 50 years, according to locals in the area, are now showing and have pulled out some old jewelry. It's possible the markings on the first one date to a company that made jewelry from 1896 until 1915. That one I cleaned.

Today's find has a large black stone in it. Would you clean it? I kind of like how it is the way it is :) The one with the black stone is 9.0 grams.

UPDATE: I was able to gently remove the stone and decided to tumble the ring itself. I was actually quite surprised that the ring is not likely silver. Here is how it looked this morning after tumbling. I've never seen or found anything like it before. WOW

Sure wish I knew the history behind it!
old silver ring 10-8-15.jpg cleaned pewter 1.jpg cleaned pewter 2.jpg cleaned pewter 3.jpg

Upvote 8

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That just looks like it has some age to it. That is a great find. I hope you're able to find more from your site. Nice thinking!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
That's crazy! Thanks for the update!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like the way that ring looks,congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread