Omega and wet sand!

Coinzapper

Dec 7, 2008
Lansford. PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Modified, Tesoro Tejon. Garrett 1500, Fisher CoinStrike, Tek G2, tek omega.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It can hunt beaches but not as quiet as the G2. The G2 is a very stable machine. If your a beach hunter I would go G2. Holler if you have more questions or want a good price on one.

OP
OP
Coinzapper

Coinzapper

Dec 7, 2008
Lansford. PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Modified, Tesoro Tejon. Garrett 1500, Fisher CoinStrike, Tek G2, tek omega.
Thanks for the response. But I should be asking about the G2. is the G2 good on coins and silver, not (silver looking) as in clad coins which is made up of Nick and cop alloys. I'm talking SILVER! ?

socom

Aug 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Ptr-91,SocomII,MIAI,Ruger#1,Excal,CZ-21,Sandshark,X-5,X-2,Sov,MXT,6000Di,ToltecII,etc
G2 is hot on the beach.I've had no issues with it Grd Bal,on wet salt.It loves round objects ie.bottle caps.It will id the same as a quarter.All the same just put a magnet in the bottom of your scoop and you'll be able to tell the thunk sound a cap makes with out looking.Just recieved the 5inch coil yesterday and its hot also.I got it for prospecting in the Carolinas but would be great for parks
Good luck and HH

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It will them no doubt but not it's strong suit. It's strength is picking through iron an d low conductors. Surprises tons of people on it's ability to sift thru trash and pull coin that other machines missed.

OP
OP
Coinzapper

Coinzapper

Dec 7, 2008
Lansford. PA.
Detector(s) used
But who want's to find clad? Not me! I'm looking for silver. Old coins and nice relics.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It will find silver just fine just not its strong suit. No perfect machine for every situation! You have to use the right machine for your type hunting. Sounds like you might need to look at the Garrett AT Pro.

OP
OP
Coinzapper

Coinzapper

Dec 7, 2008
Lansford. PA.
Detector(s) used
I hear u stoo. I don't know if you seen my vids before, I owned Ace 250, Tejon, 1500, and Fisher Coin Strike. and found a lot of silver with the Ace 250 and Tejon. Two totally defferent machines. One with lower freq. the other with a higher freq. and mostly used for Relics. Now I'm looking for a new unit. Been looking at the Omega for a over a year now and I am very impressed with the features and testimonies, has freq. close to the 250. Then comes the G2 and the At Pro. The G2 has a higher freq. like the Tejon. It is really pulling me with it's awsome features and capablities. The At Pro also is a unit to whom we have to give an account. Awesome Features and upgrade from 250 and 350. The only thing about the At Pro is, It does not give that never failing bell tone when it goes over a coin down to six inches never missing it like the 250. Can't come close. The 250 to me has become legendary when it come to that bell tone and a coin! So, As much as I would like to get that AT Pro, I think I am going to pass for now and deside between the Omega and the G2. I tell you the truth, The G2 and the Omega are just as good as the T2 or even better. I'll tell you why. Both the G2 and the Omega are around the same price range. The T2 about $400.00 more the both other unit, but the only reason your paying that much more is the design of the T2 and all different monitoring you can do with the T2. What you see on the screen, only about 50% of what you see determines if your have found something worth digging up, the other 50% like I said is for those who like to see all the crap. The G2 and the Omega are designed have less as the T2. Cheaper to make but still with all your need to find or recover those finds which other detectors cannot.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice post. When your decide hit me up. I can make you a really good price on all of them. I will surprise you!
Thanks!
Bart

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread