On my way to Amish store this AM

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I saw the trio standing on the shoulder of a somewhat busy county blacktop. All 3 are most likely born spring ā€˜23. I like to humanely take one (bow or gun) but I hate to see them killed on the tarmac. A friendā€™s son hit one while coming home on a motorcycle. I saw the obit. No secret, deer can be deadly. I believe it is important for Iowa hunters to reduce the population each year, for obvious reasons. If PETA/bunny huggers disagree, oh well, drive safely. It wonā€™t be tofu that you slam into.

Attachments

• IMG_2202.jpeg
    IMG_2202.jpeg
    254.2 KB · Views: 32

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The insurance lobby is one of the strongest pro hunting groups. They would like to lower the deer population considerably. This is the time of the yr they are rutting and moving during daylight. Iā€™ve never hit one but have come real close. Drive carefully in the country.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the state will set the dates ,times ,locations, sex ,number you can take , the and what method you may use .require you check in your harvest and charge you one hell of a fee for the privilege to hunt , BUT when one of their deer crash into your car it's all on you . you gotta love dictatorship.

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
the state will set the dates ,times ,locations, sex ,number you can take , the and what method you may use .require you check in your harvest and charge you one hell of a fee for the privilege to hunt , BUT when one of their deer crash into your car it's all on you . you gotta love dictatorship.
Yes. In Iowa, the deer population belongs to the state, but they arenā€™t responsible for them. However, if a farmer had a cow get out and it causes an accident the farmer IS prosecutable and liable for damages.
Great butt covering technique by Government.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just be glad it was a deer...up here we have to dodge full grown elk..
moose.gif

In all the years I drove long-haul, the only critter I killed was a big pheasant that flew into my windshield (and got stuck in the exterior metal sun visor) just as I was pulling into a weigh station in Clovis, NM.

Of course they "red lighted" me, and I had to pull around back and pull the damn thing out, then they went through my paperwork and logbook with a fine toothed magnifying glass.
bur2.gif
GAAAHsmiley.gif

Had a cow elk play chicken with me once as I was working my way down Raton Pass around 2 AM. I'd switch lanes, then she'd switch lanes right back in front of me. I was fully loaded, so mashing the brakes wasn't much of an option. Started changing lanes again just as I got to her, and bushed past her with maybe an inch between us. Puckered me up so bad I couldn't fart for a week.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions