Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to Oronoco park detecting in the woods and headed to the car swinging.
I don't detect much in the mowed grass but today I detected on the way to the car and
I got a good tone and the numbers on the E-Trac were 1:40 so I'm thinking an Indian Head Cent.
I pinpoint real good and dug a six inch plug. The coin seemed to have moved so I take a 6 inch by 2 inch hunk of sod out and dig out some dirt. I check the plug and it was deeper yet. I dig around the outside of the hole loosen the dirt and put it on top of the pile. It's out and on top so I pick up a hunk of dirt and move it over the coil. I have it in my hand and still not knowing what I had I broke the dirt in half and I just couldn't believe it.
Let me tell you this park has been worked for 20 some years by the best. This 1897-S Morgan Dollar was only 7 inches deep.
This is my first silver of the year and first with the E-Trac and is my 5 th. silver dollar found with a metal detector. silver dollar 331 002.JPG silver dollar 331 004.JPG silver dollar 331 002.JPG silver dollar 331 004.JPG silver dollar 331 005.JPG silver dollar 331 006.JPG silver dollar 331 007.JPG silver dollar 331 008.JPG

Upvote 29

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. I just told someone that most people take several steps away from where they park to turn on machine and on the way back they turn it off way before they get to car. That leaves a big place most don't search.

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread