One Sterling Ring, One Bling Ring Salvaged From a Football Field.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a school that has an old football field on the property today. This field has already given me a man's gold wedding band earlier this month. Today, I got a VDI bouncing in the low 80's on the ATPro out in the middle of the field. Low and behold, there was a man's sterling band at the bottom of the hole, six inches down. :hello2: It is marked, "Sterling." It looks like it was cut by a saw to allow for an expanding finger.:laughing7:

Over on the sideline, I unearthed a nice heart-shaped with rhinestone ring, that may be plated. Also scored a fist full of clad, including a 1972 half dollar, which amazes me that it was still in the ground, as our area is hunted hard.

Thanks for looking, always a good day when we can add a little silver to the pile!

Happy Hunting, Sub

Attachments

• sterlingband1.JPG
    sterlingband1.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 124
  • sterlingband2.JPG
    sterlingband2.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 114
  • sterlingband3.JPG
    sterlingband3.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 111
  • sterlingband4.JPG
    sterlingband4.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 9

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great rings!, the 1st one is a honker!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet rings Savvvesss ! :occasion14:

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt!!

I went to a local high school Sunday planning on detecting the football field. The school is re-doing the entire field, it has low spots where the water lays when it rains.
I chickened out when I saw the entire field was already marked and staked out in a grid pattern?

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt!!

I went to a local high school Sunday planning on detecting the football field. The school is re-doing the entire field, it has low spots where the water lays when it rains.
I chickened out when I saw the entire field was already marked and staked out in a grid pattern?

Good move, Deershed, the old football field that I found these rings in is no longer used for sports, in fact, it is just a lawn fronting the main street (with old battered goal posts.) Like you did, I would respect the construction grids and find another place. Sub 8-)

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice bling on that heart ring, that is a pretty chunky sterling ring too. Metal detect there while you can and recover the rest of the cool stuff buried there! :)

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
Primary Interest:
Other
Some nice Jewelry there, I heard that if it is marked only Sterling it is older (mid 60-70), It was later they started to stamp 925 on silver...nice finds

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver ring finds! Congrats!

They dug up the land surrounding city hall here...they also fenced it off and posted no trespassing signs! Darn it!!! All I could do was drive by and drool!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty bling

Top Member Reactions