Opinion on a metal detecting steam game

chanchan

Nov 17, 2023
I've noticed a lack of metal detecting games on Steam, and many of them appear to be abandoned by their developers. Determined to fill this gap, I've decided to create my own. To ensure it aligns with the interests of the metal detecting community, I'm reaching out for input.

Currently, the game includes metal detecting with over a hundred 3D models, each created by me, featuring various prices and rarities. Players can upgrade their metal detector, and there's an option for both manual and auto metal detection. The manual mode allows free movement, while the auto mode scans from left to right.

For the shoveling aspect, players shovel the ground, revealing dirt. If the shovel is directly above treasure, it will emerge after a few shovels. I'm in the process of adding a crouch feature. After using the main shovel, players can crouch and employ a handheld shovel to further dig around the treasure. Once found, you clean and catalog it, adding it to your inventory.

At nighttime, you have the option to set up camp to recharge your equipment. Additionally, you can upgrade your camp to give it a unique look and feel that reflects your personal style.

When you sell your treasures, you'll have the opportunity to purchase upgrades for your equipment. Moreover, you can buy pets, improve your camping site, and invest in vehicles for enhanced transportation. To further enrich the experience, I'm considering the addition of houses that you can buy, allowing you to furnish them to your liking. Additionally, smaller tools like lockpicks, a torch, and various apps for your in-game phone will be available for purchase.

I've implemented quests for players to complete, offering valuable rewards and items for sale. Currently, I'm also crafting a captivating backstory for the game, complete with a twist ending.

I'm eager to hear your thoughts and any features you'd like to see in the game to make it a solid and enjoyable experience for all

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, if I’ve got time to play a game, I’ll spend it digging in the real world. But I guess this is for when the snow is heavy? Sounds like you’ve put a lot of thought into it. I’m curious, though …. Lockpicks?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've noticed a lack of metal detecting games on Steam, and many of them appear to be abandoned by their developers. Determined to fill this gap, I've decided to create my own. To ensure it aligns with the interests of the metal detecting community, I'm reaching out for input.

Currently, the game includes metal detecting with over a hundred 3D models, each created by me, featuring various prices and rarities. Players can upgrade their metal detector, and there's an option for both manual and auto metal detection. The manual mode allows free movement, while the auto mode scans from left to right.

For the shoveling aspect, players shovel the ground, revealing dirt. If the shovel is directly above treasure, it will emerge after a few shovels. I'm in the process of adding a crouch feature. After using the main shovel, players can crouch and employ a handheld shovel to further dig around the treasure. Once found, you clean and catalog it, adding it to your inventory.

At nighttime, you have the option to set up camp to recharge your equipment. Additionally, you can upgrade your camp to give it a unique look and feel that reflects your personal style.

When you sell your treasures, you'll have the opportunity to purchase upgrades for your equipment. Moreover, you can buy pets, improve your camping site, and invest in vehicles for enhanced transportation. To further enrich the experience, I'm considering the addition of houses that you can buy, allowing you to furnish them to your liking. Additionally, smaller tools like lockpicks, a torch, and various apps for your in-game phone will be available for purchase.

I've implemented quests for players to complete, offering valuable rewards and items for sale. Currently, I'm also crafting a captivating backstory for the game, complete with a twist ending.

I'm eager to hear your thoughts and any features you'd like to see in the game to make it a solid and enjoyable experience for all
What is Steam?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Honestly, if I’ve got time to play a game, I’ll spend it digging in the real world. But I guess this is for when the snow is heavy? Sounds like you’ve put a lot of thought into it. I’m curious, though …. Lockpicks?
I'm right with you on that one!
There's not enough time in the real world now to dig in the dirt let alone playing something where I have to buy dirt and equipment that I can't actually touch.
Never got this virtual thing where a person works their butt off earning money-then buys something imaginary :dontknow:

I guess I'm just too much a realist to believe that owning something that is in the virtual world will put food on my table/gas in the tank/heat my house if the crap hits the fan.

This guy wants to hold and touch the real deal-then if it comes to liquidation I have it in the real world.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spam.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread