Oregon Miners Rally at State Capitial - Mar.15th

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oregon Miners Rally March 15th 10am to 5pm at the front steps of the state capitol building.

More of the same from Oregon with Senate Bill 3, what was intended to get miners off the Rogue River
with SB838 & SB401 in 2013 has snowballed to the point they want to regulate prospectors and casual use
as commercial surface mining operations and extend the 2021 ESH moratorium to behind dams & natural blockages.
Takes away the right to sue for a “taking” as validated claims can get a permit. $10,000 fine operating without a permit.
new permit in 2021 that is a prohibition of all in-stream mining in ESH, bull trout, lamprey, or mussels
that means No motorized mining for 90% of placer claims of the federal granted mineral estate.
https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2017R1/Measures/Overview/SB3#

We need your support, if you cant make it please send a letter of support
of what our heritage and legacy of gold mining means to you.

to members of the Senate committee on environment & natural resources
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Video from Miners rally in 2013

more https://youtu.be/hLfYXrMeBac
https://youtu.be/JSeBF9MU8iY
Kerby Jackson; https://youtu.be/Zmji0txJHXA
Tom Kitchar; https://youtu.be/RUgPAYSt8tc

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AGP

Dec 1, 2015
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
4 inch Dredge
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I shared you post with all my local prospectors and facebook groups here in New England to help write letters to your law makers. Here in New Hampshire we are facing a similar banning. I ask if you can share my post with the people you know. Even though we are thousands of miles apart if we work together maybe we can help each other and make a difference.

New Hampshire HB 591 An act relative to suction dredging in the surface waters of the state. [Bill Text] introduced by Rep Lee Oxenham.

This bill will prohibit the use of suction dredges, highbankers and rockerboxes in the state of New Hampshire. This bill has already passed the house vote and has been referred to the senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee. There is yet to be a public hearing, the date has not been determined. I called the Aide to the committee yesterday and was informed that they want to go through the senate bills before getting into the house bills, this could be several business days it could be a week or a little more, what ever it may be it seems they want to move fast on it.

You can read the news article from the Concord Monitor here: Bill would halt dredging machinery in N.H. gold prospecting just copy and paste the link into your web browser to read it, warning it is full of BS.

Please contact the committee members and inform them that you oppose this bill and why. inform them that there have been scientific studies and reports performed on suction dredging and that they need to review this information before making a decision on this legislation. All legislation should be based on facts that are available. Not seeking out the facts on a matter is an injustice to the people of the state of New Hampshire. Below you will find a list of the committee members, please contact them.

NH Energy & Natural Resources Committee Members

Chairman: Senator Kevin Avard

Contact Information:
State House, Room 105-A
107 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301

Phone: 603-271-4151

Email: [email protected]

Vice Chairman: Senator Jeb Bradley

Contact Information:
State House, Room 302
107 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271-2609

Senator Dan Innis

Contact Information:
State House, Room 115
107 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271-3077; cell: 603-285-1150
Email: [email protected]; [email protected]

Senator Martha Fuller Clark

Contact Information:
Legislative Office Building, Room 102-A
33 North State Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271-3092

Senator Dan Feltes

Contact Information:
Legislative Office Building 101-A 33 N State St
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271-3067

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God bless'm one and all. This is the absolute first thing I've heard about this? Wow...still too ill to travel but sure wish I could be there as specifically TOM KITCHAR has tried his best to assist calif dredgers in our fight MANY times. His fantastic comments are on FG site and he sent me a copy which was very considerate. FIGHT ON... respect-John..

Last edited:

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got a doc appointment that day, but will get more emails sent. Sure would like to be there otherwise. I completely despise these so called "democratic" lawmakers in Oregon who want to control every aspect of our lives.

OP
OP
winners58

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it was rainy and miserable, about 50-60 people showed up, WVM had a booth setup inside.
Waldo and Armadillo mining had a booth outside they printed up lots of handouts and promoting the
June 2nd Legal fund drawing for the 1/2lb of Gold
had a speaking podium and Millennium diggers booth on the other side of the entry way steps.
had a few speakers and a few representatives stop by mostly real busy with hearings on Oregon's 1.7B budget shortfall
bus loads of students taking tours, two of the groups were students BMOA teaches gold panning/mining heritage at the Outdoor school.
Not much to report yet on the mining bills mostly looking at amendments to try to find a compromise for mining claim owners
that just keep getting pushed back by the environmentalist saying SB3 is a memorial bill for Alan Bates,
doesn't seem right to me, to take away something people love doing and destroy an industry, what, in his honor? :BangHead:

Last edited:

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Many years ago the Forest Industry underwent proposed lockouts on the public land timber harvests. Huge Capital step protests were done at that time by the forest products industry to fight the anti harvest 'greenies". We had numerous log trucks full of logs and booths set up. The logging industry was one of the largest industries in Oregon at the time. I was personally involved with "Concerned Citizens of Western Lane County" . The effort to fight the anti harvest greenies was 2nd to none. Our group actually shut down a whole city for a day (Florence, Oregon) in protest and made national news. One must understand that Oregon is a BLUE State and the political environment is as blue as it can get. Did the timber industry win the battle?....No it did not!

What wins the battle is VOTES for politicians....and the politicians know it. Change the voting census from blue to red and you can control the direction of what happens in Oregon. The only effective way I influenced/changed public land policy was when I formed the Oregon Dunes Restoration Council [ODRC} (a fully non-profit organization) to fight the "greenies" who wanted to shut down Oregon's dunes and beaches. We made a documentary and use to do presentations and lectures providing the scientific evidence that contradicted the "anti organizations". We gained support from the public and provided evidence that showed that the anti crowd was full of crud. We ended up being on Radio Stations and at Colleges doing presentations. We ended up at the debate table on TV countering the "anti crowd/groups". I was personally nominated for a First Citizen Award by Rotary for the founding efforts we did. We were always at the table when it came to public land issues pertaining to the beaches and sand dunes. We became an advisary of the Oregon Dept of Wildlife and took them on. Gaining public support resulted in productive outcomes.

Trying to change a blue politician to become a red politician is like trying to teach a pig to sing. Changing voters influenced the political atmosphere.

I offer this only to inform from experience. Don't expect too much from the Capital Steps efforts. It does not hurt, but the battle will have to continue; and like all battles the tactics must evolve and change. I know doing things helps, but the political battle is a hard nut to crack!

It would be nice to hear that the effort was productive and my comments are a bunch of bull....I could only hope...as I am willing to eat crow. I want to "mine" like I used to and I am a claim holder and dredger.

I guess we can only sit back and see if something positive comes from the effort at the Capital!

Bejay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread