Orlando, FL

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm heading to Orlando for a week in a couple of weeks. I'm bringing a few detectors including the CZ20. I plan on heading East or NorthEast to hit some beaches, as well as anything interesting in Orlando itself. Does anyone have any advice or tips for the Orlando area or the Atlantic coast close to Orlando? Thanks in advance....CC

Upvote 0

ColonelDan

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You'll have a wide selection of tourist beaches within about one hour drive. The treasure coast is within 2-3 hours drive. You can detect anywhere except national park beaches and you must stay on the beach only if going to the treasure coast. Anything in the surf is leased out along the treasure coast.

Bring a good sand scoop and plenty of sun block.

If you have some spare time, a trip to Kellyco in Winter Springs is very close to Orlando itself. Their displays of treasure and detecting equipment would be well worth the time if you would get rained off the beaches one of those days.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks ColonelDan! I've already told the wife that I'll do Magic Kingdom, Universal and whatever other activities she has in mind, but one of the days we are going to Kellyco! I don't plan on heading to the treasure coast, just want to hit some tourists beaches and maybe some local parks. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for those.

ColonelDan

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks ColonelDan! I've already told the wife that I'll do Magic Kingdom, Universal and whatever other activities she has in mind, but one of the days we are going to Kellyco! I don't plan on heading to the treasure coast, just want to hit some tourists beaches and maybe some local parks. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for those.

Suggest you check out Cocoa Beach Pier and Daytona Beach Pier. Easy to get to from Orlando and heavy tourist traffic.

OP
OP
Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks again Dan! Does anyone else have any info? Maybe good parks/places to go in Orlando itself?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions