Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites and Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oroville Dam Spillway the Gates are open

Lake Oroville Oroville CA. 10,000 Cubic Feet Per Second of Water is being Released down the Spillway The Department of Water Resources (DWR) began releasing water from Oroville Dam’s main spillway at 8 a.m. January 31, 2024.
Releases to the Feather River ensure storage space remains in Lake Oroville for flood control protection.
DWR coordinates releases closely with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and other water operators and adjusts releases as needed to account for continuing rain and snowmelt​

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Here's a California graphic that shows the CURRENT CONDITIONS: MAJOR WATER SUPPLY RESERVOIRS:13-FEB-2024
According to the U.S. Drought Monitor, less than 1% of California-Nevada remains in drought, compared to 100% a year ago. Flooding has replaced fires.
Don in SoCal

Last edited:

CoinsAndThings

Dec 4, 2020
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool. My Dad, a civil engineer, worked on the diversion tunnels when the dam was being built. Then after the diversion tunnels were completed he worked in several other parts of the project. Largest earth-fill dam in the world. At least I think it still is.

OP
OP
Smithsgold

Smithsgold

Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites and Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool. My Dad, a civil engineer, worked on the diversion tunnels when the dam was being built. Then after the diversion tunnels were completed he worked in several other parts of the project. Largest earth-fill dam in the world. At least I think it still is.
My Dad and Uncle and Grandpa all worked up there on the project

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions