tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last evening I decided to head to out our local Waneka park and walk the dogs around the lake a couple times. I didn't get any real good pictures as it was dusk, but on the last go around an Osprey showed up to survey the lake for some fish, so I stood there and watched it swoop down with out splashing in the water a few times and finally it hit the water and got a fish. This camera I have isn't good at all in low light and to small for getting anything good that's in motion, but you will see it's an Osprey and it has a fish in it's talons. Also I found a patch of wild asparagus growing. Most of which are in the bushy stage, but there were a few short shoots I could have picked, but 3 asparagus wouldn't really satisfy you much.

Attachments

• walk 051619 1.jpg
    walk 051619 1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 46
  • walk 051619 2.jpg
    walk 051619 2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 45
  • osprey waneka 051619 2.jpg
    osprey waneka 051619 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
  • osprey waneka 051619 1.jpg
    osprey waneka 051619 1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 51

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
IDK, Your pics turned out pretty good to me. We have spotted an osprey this year. A very skittish bird. I haven't been able to catch a pic. Too bad there weren't more asparagus shoots. In my old age I have found I like wild or home grown asparagus. Not real found of the store bought.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Pictures! :thumbsup: We already have several quart bags of asparagus in the freezer.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
IDK, Your pics turned out pretty good to me. We have spotted an osprey this year. A very skittish bird. I haven't been able to catch a pic. Too bad there weren't more asparagus shoots. In my old age I have found I like wild or home grown asparagus. Not real found of the store bought.
The capital is just up the road from me.

hl061016-yourtime-ph14

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Pictures! :thumbsup: We already have several quart bags of asparagus in the freezer.
I don't find sparrow grass all that frequently around here. How long do the shoots take to mature from the tall bushy stage? I think my mom told me it like 4 annual seasons.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!
We have ospreys everywhere around hear. The city and the county are building nesting spots for them, even "topping" some of our tall firs.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can find a patch or two, visit them every day or other day and cut the spears just below the ground. Cut spears that are between four and 8-10 inches high. When you get them home, take each one separately and starting at the base (where you first cut it) try cutting until you can cut it easily (discard the end piece). If there is still a long piece left you can cut it further in half depending on how long you want to cook it and eat it.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!
We have ospreys everywhere around hear. The city and the county are building nesting spots for them, even "topping" some of our tall firs.
It's only in recent years I've noticed them around on the front range of Colorado. Up in the mountain I'll see a few more, but here it's rare. I think they're increasing beyond their normal range and their numbers seemingly increasing from what I've noticed. There's no doubt that many raptors and bird's of prey are doing very well now. I recall the days of the pesticide DDT and that was a real bad deal for raptors. It was so rare to see a bald eagle back then. When I see one now I recall a fishing trip just me and my dad took after my brother passed in 1972 and we were out early on a boat and I looked up and saw a bald eagle flying overhead. We were both inspired by it as it was then such a rare encounter.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've noticed on an old Kodak I had it seems to me because the lens was a much larger in diameter it made it much more easy to track a moving target. This Panasonic ZS40 camera I have has a small diameter lens and hard to stay on target, but it's so compact and has a far reaching zoom it's at the ready of those split second encounters you run into when your out looking for that unique moment, but does have it's drawbacks in some situations. I think it's starting to ware out, as it's now making some ugly noises when I turn it on now, but it has seen some heavy use and taken tens of thousands of pictures.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread