tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After I left the Elko Nevada Mine Expo last Thursday afternoon I headed SE to go back home on highway 50. There's a road that cuts through the Ruby mountains. It's the rainy season and it sure does turn this mostly arid landscape green. Hardly a soul was on this road and I took a little time to stop and enjoy the smells and cool breeze of this country. I got as far as Ely, Nevada for the night and stayed at the old Hotel Nevada, which when build in 1929 was the tallest building in all of Nevada at the time. They even put me on the top floor overlooking downtown Ely. The place is rather nice and fixed up from the last time I stayed there which was maybe 15 years ago now.

Attachments

• trip 060719 1.jpg
    trip 060719 1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 64
  • trip 060719 2.jpg
    trip 060719 2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 64
  • trip 060719 3.jpg
    trip 060719 3.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 60
  • trip 060719 4.jpg
    trip 060719 4.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 65

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome photos Nevada does have some excellent scenery in places.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome photos Nevada does have some excellent scenery in places.
That it does. It really lacks all the busy, annoying, constantly backed up bumper to bumper traffic of selfie taking adventure seekers of the Rocky Mountains anymore. I'm not kidding when I say I70 east starts to hit you with jerk driving tailgators starting at Green River Utah, because of Moab and gets really bad after GJ. Saw a wreck at the curves east of Junction that was just starting to pile up and no cops on site yet. After Rifle it get worse, but thanks be to God when I'm on I70 eastbound on a Friday going into Denver. Westbound I can only say is what being in Hell will be like. I stay at home on the weekend down on the front range anymore, as it's a whole lot more peaceful then the once paradise I knew 40 years ago in the mountains of Colorado. I could drive at a clip of 35 mph going through those Ruby mountains and not be at all concerned of some wad smashing into me.

Last edited:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Blame John Denver. Colorado Rocky Mountain High. Great pics, Grant, the air is so clear.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After I left the Elko Nevada Mine Expo last Thursday afternoon I headed SE to go back home on highway 50. There's a road that cuts through the Ruby mountains. It's the rainy season and it sure does turn this mostly arid landscape green. Hardly a soul was on this road and I took a little time to stop and enjoy the smells and cool breeze of this country. I got as far as Ely, Nevada for the night and stayed at the old Hotel Nevada, which when build in 1929 was the tallest building in all of Nevada at the time. They even put me on the top floor overlooking downtown Ely. The place is rather nice and fixed up from the last time I stayed there which was maybe 15 years ago now.
Nice, but we need a pic of your burro, friend. TTC

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, but we need a pic of your burro, friend. TTC
Sorry pard, but I took that animal back to the Enterprise Corral this morning as I was done with it. Its name was Hyundai Tucson. Kind of a doggie little beast, but it was able to do a pretty solid trek of just over 2300 miles with ease. It sure didn't eat a lot either.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Outstanding...wish I was there! :occasion14:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for allowing me to see some parts of the world through your eyes. Keep them coming.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread