overseas jobs - canada

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We're extinct Charlie.

1. Canadia is a genus of extinct annelid worm present in Burgess Shale type Konservat-Lagerstätte. It is found in strata dating back to the Delamaran stage of the Middle Cambrian around 505 million years ago, during the time of the Cambrian explosion.

So it's better to go to NY:)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Canadian bacon, Royal Canadian Mounties, Canadian flag.

Tha place must be Canadia as that's where the Canadians come from.

Though I think calling them "worms" is a bit harsh.

Also - the drivers from Ontario are welcome because they give the New Jersy drivers someone to feel superior to. ;-)

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a commercial on you tube for Molson beer. Called "chasing beaver". Interesting. That may be a reason to move to Canada, but too old now to entertain that thought.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Canadian bacon, Royal Canadian Mounties, Canadian flag.

Tha place must be Canadia as that's where the Canadians come from.

Though I think calling them "worms" is a bit harsh.

Also - the drivers from Ontario are welcome because they give the New Jersy drivers someone to feel superior to. ;-)

Making Bacon, The Queens Cowboys, Ah the Maple Leaf

There isn't a debate on the quality of the drivers from Ontario, throw 200 nationalities behind the wheel of steel and one gets the feeling of "Am I going to make it" every time one gets behind the wheel, now throw some snow down on the roads and it becomes the winter wonder. (wonder if or how I made it)

Well for worms they're just bigger and redder.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is a commercial on you tube for Molson beer. Called "chasing beaver". Interesting. That may be a reason to move to Canada, but too old now to entertain that thought.

Now the River Walk has lots of places of employment for new arrivals, serving staff maybe?

I will say the Walk is one of the prettiest places I've walked, the magnolia trees in full bloom, and the woman that blew bubbles down onto the River walk everyday at noon.

BTW Austin, Beavers are really overrated as I tried to pick one up and bring to a party one night, I can honestly say beavers have a real mean streak to them. :laughing7:

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, now that Obama is Prime Minister.... I mean Trudeau, you should have no problem getting in the country.
Hope and change you can count on!
We'll see you soon!
Sunny days my friends....Sunny days!
:sunny:

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now the River Walk has lots of places of employment for new arrivals, serving staff maybe?

I will say the Walk is one of the prettiest places I've walked, the magnolia trees in full bloom, and the woman that blew bubbles down onto the River walk everyday at noon.

BTW Austin, Beavers are really overrated as I tried to pick one up and bring to a party one night, I can honestly say beavers have a real mean streak to them. :laughing7:

Brings "Chasing tail" to whole other level. One whack from a beaver tail will knock a man unconscious. That's not even the dangerous part.

Wait until he marries that beaver! :BangHead:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Brings "Chasing tail" to whole other level. One whack from a beaver tail will knock a man unconscious. That's not even the dangerous part.

Wait until he marries that beaver! :BangHead:

In /79 I was going to throw my White's Metal Detecting jacket over the beaver and throw it in the trunk. Folks beavers have VERY LARGE YELLOW TEETH as bit through and basically took a very large chunk from the sleeve. He got the jacket and I was rejected as a date,:dontknow: it really had a hissy fit over the whole episode.:laughing7:

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're extinct Charlie.

1. Canadia is a genus of extinct annelid worm present in Burgess Shale type Konservat-Lagerstätte. It is found in strata dating back to the Delamaran stage of the Middle Cambrian around 505 million years ago, during the time of the Cambrian explosion.

So it's better to go to NY:)

Ya, I may very well be extinct considering the smell of my detecting boots. :sad5:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread