Paleozoic Oklahoma

futzman

May 29, 2005
Tulsa, OK
Gang,

I've been working hard on my new web site which is one of the reasons I haven't posted in couple weeks. The site is dedicated to the Paleozoic Era in Oklahoma. Here's the url -- http://www.paleook.com. I'm hoping to make the site a collaborative effort with other Oklahoma amateur and professional paleontologists, as well as amateur and professional geologists. The site's main purpose is to provide a database for Oklahoma Paleozoic fossils as well as educate visitors about the Oklahoma Paleozoic Era.

The specimen database allows access to fossils by taxon, location and formation. Specimens may have multiple pictures. Location information may include maps and/or site photographs. Formation information conforms to the Oklahoma Geological Survey names.

I'm currently still working on the site and adding specimens to the specimen database. The field guide section will be the last portion I build. I plan on having the entire site functional by 9/30. Please take a look and let me know what you think!

I may eventually open the site up to surrounding states (Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas and Texas) but that's down the road a bit!

Richard

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent site futzman! I put it in my favorites! Thanks!

Nana ;)

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Congrats Richard
Knowing your dedication this will be a great site.
We certainly need more fossil lovers.

George

geolett

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2005
rhode island
wonderful web site, I now will have to go to Oklahoma. I'll put it on my favorites and thoroughly read it. It is so great putting the names to specimens. thankyou, very professional job! Jolli

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread