Part of a hunt, silver spoon, great rosette.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did a hour at the corn stalk field the other evening and got a really old rosette and another lead stylist.
IMG_20151101_181236492_HDR.jpg
Today I got up early to do a wood mill run and they only had part of the order, so off I went to check out some farm fields we've been waiting to be harvested, some fast driving got me to fields of unharvested beans:BangHead: So off to see about getting some new permissions and ended up in a detour because of somebody wanted to be a power pole hugger so it closed the roads down and a short drive turned into a hour of going around the country block doing the tourist thing.
IMG_20151104_090314273.jpg

So the first permission turned into a hunt and another permission, that turned into the big one.
Knocked at a house that was the owner of a church and the surrounding fields that now have winter wheat and under the wheat sits an Rumoured 1814 Inn which sits beside the stage stop where they changed the horses in 1840's and got a nose permission. Meaning she just stuck her nose out enough to give me permission to hunt the church providing I showed her the finds. My return visit with some measly looking finds (4 cents)and trash she came out to the truck and this live historical book opened up and I was sitting on the tailgate of the truck wishing I took a leak before going there. :laughing7: but after a hour I got the permission to hunt her 120 acre farm and the names of the farmer that does the farming in the area. If there is land they either own it or farm it, and it's 1000's of acres, so I waited for the one brother to drive up to the farm and I secured the permission "Sure go ahead" (helps to name drop the permissions f the big farms I have up my way, it really opened the door"). He just wanted to know my first name so he could tell the others (family and farm hands) So I went to the corner field to get a little hunt in before the end of the day.
Pretty quiet corner but I got a great looking Rosette and a 1894 IH right off the bat,
IMG_20151104_133708218_HDR.jpg IMG_20151104_192931073_HDR.jpg

Then it was a flat button then the parts of a two piece, bead, and silver spoon with major disk damage what looks like W E D initials . Seemed like there was no other halves to the finds in the little site corner.:dontknow:
IMG_20151104_193014119.jpg IMG_20151104_154521004.jpg IMG_20151104_193132768_HDR.jpg

Upvote 13
OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds...at least you got the good end of that silver spoon!

Thanks Romeo, you got yourself an awesome relic that's the best.
That's what I thought too. Probably the hall marked end is under a corn stalk.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh come on, we all have one of those. :)

Attachments

• ros.jpg
    ros.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow Jim! :o The horse rosette and the IH turned out amazing! :occasion14:
I remember responding to your text when you sent me over the pics of your finds, but I completely forgot to check out your post! :laughing7:

How the heck did you get the rosette to look so nice, looks almost like solid silver, I thought that it was lead. :icon_scratch:

Congratulations on securing your latest permissions, sounds like you're going to be kept busy for weeks to come buddy! :thumbsup:
Dave

Last edited:
OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow Jim! :o The horse rosette and the IH turned out amazing! :occasion14:
I remember responding to your text when you sent me over the pics of your finds, but I completely forgot to check out your post! :laughing7:

How the heck did you get the rosette to look so nice, looks almost like solid silver, I thought that it was lead. :icon_scratch:

Congratulations on securing your latest permissions, sounds like you're going to be kept busy for weeks to come buddy! :thumbsup:
Dave
Thanks Dave

Well Dave you do know that we wash our pony's around these parts, not like those easterner's keeping their's a s**t brown colour.:laughing7:

Actually I think it's a wash of some sorts on the rosette, just ran it under the tap and a light brushing.
Hoping the next time you come this way that the farmer will have harvested the beans, the other sites on the other side of the road are in rough plough and they're doing drainage on another site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions