1398468163403.jpg

1398468187665-1.jpg

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a Ben earlier. Im trying to put together a set of Franklins to go with my Buffalo herd. What do yall think? I really wish I was brave enough to to buy off of ebay. It really narrows down my selection given there isnt hardly any LCS around here.

I've bought 100s off eBay. 1/10 gold eagles. Never had a fake yet. Sold a ton too, never had anyone complain. Plus as a buyer your protected. Pick someone who has good feedback. There are sellers who sell 1000s of coins. I've never had I fake one in 7 yrs. just to let you know.

RBowtie97

Sep 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. I've bought tons off of eBay as well. It's the easiest way to complete a set. Just study the pictures well and don't go on just the info that you read from the seller. Usually you can tell by looking if a coin has been cleaned or tampered with. If the picture's bad or doesn't look right just pass on it. I built a list of favorites and always check with them first if I'm looking for something. Be careful buying from someone with less than a 99% feedback and never buy from anyone with a 0% feedback. It could be a scammer. I'll send you some of my trusted sellers if you'd like. Good Luck!

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
How do I know if there is a reserve on an item on ebay? If it says .99 and the bidding stops like in 6 hours and I bid and no one else does do I win. Plz help me out.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
How do I know if there is a reserve on an item on ebay? If it says .99 and the bidding stops like in 6 hours and I bid and no one else does do I win. Plz help me out.

If there's a reserve it will say reserve right under the price. ~99% of the auctions don't have reserves. When the auction closes whoever has the higest bid wins. I've bought about 100 lots off ebay in the last year and haven't had any issues.

RBowtie97

Sep 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your bid doesn't meet the reserve, you don't win. When this happens, I usually message the seller with an offer to see how bad he wants to sell it.

Koffee

Dec 9, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2 x2 , Garrett 250, GTX 3030, CZ20, Excal, Minelab 2200, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may also want to look into your local coin show circuit. I was just at a show this weekend and graded Franklin's w/ nice bell lines were very reasonable. They were selling around 15 percent over grey sheet on graded halves (pcgs and ngc). I also saw a roll of BU franklins sell for 180 to a non dealer which is not a bad price.

Cheers - Koffee

Last edited:

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to stop going to LCS's in hopes of finding gem coins, Im gonna be real here and probably going to catch some flak for sure but i see you on here trying to build a nice collection. Most LCS's are less than honest with pricing of raw coins and most likely heavily picked through, anything thats nice gets sent to be slabbed for sure. The coin in your pic has full bell lines but unfortunately would not get slabbed as such because of the chatter in and around the bell lines which im sure the LCS you bought this coin from was well aware of. If you want nice coins you are going to have to brave the internet and most likely eBay, buy your coins from other collectors who really know their stuff and will not risk a bad sale for fear of being outed. Be patient great collections are never built over night. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I got that coin at one of those gold and silver exchange. But you are right. I have a guy im about to buy some stuff from and ebay will be my next step. But thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread