Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Massive Fire Engulfs Pallet Yard and 10 Freeway in Los Angeles​

INCIDENT DATE/TIME: 11-11-23 | 12:22 a.m. LOCATION: 1745 E 14th St CITY: Los Angeles DETAILS: Approximately 200’ x 200’ pallet yard fully involved in fire with multiple trailers as well. Additional resources enroute. Firefighters have multiple ladder pipe operations underway and large-diameter hand lines however, due to the number of pallets creating a massive fire load, are not yet making progress. There is a 2nd pallet yard (from Lawrence to Elwood) under the freeway and the fire extended to this 2nd pallet yard. There are additional structures exposed. Two more task forces were requested, raising this to a Major Emergency structure fire. There are no injuries reported at this time. Footage of the fire taking over the freeway. CHP evacuating the freeway Cars stuck on the freeway and two cars abandoned on the freeway. LA City fire evacuating people off of the freeway.’ Shots of cars on the freeway, driving through the flames, trying to escape. LAFD Engine 17 burnt in the fire. 10 Freeway shut down indefinitely till inspections and possible new construction of bridge. HANDLING AGENCIES: LAFD, LAPD & CHP SOT(s): LAFD PIO David Ortiz

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was Insane How cars kept Driving over the Top
till they Finally Shut the highway down. Not Sure I would have done that with Flames Shooting Up :laughing9:

at Least Not since I've hit my 30's :coffee2:

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No doubt that the bridge structure is toast(ed)...that kind of heat warps steel beams, melts the asphalt...holy schnitzel...that's nasty!
bur2.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread