Perf plate suppliers and sizes

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It really depends on where you are...there are different applications , what size holes are you hoping for?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know for sure I have some with holes that are 1/16th of an inch

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Look on Ebay.....lot's of choices.
The smaller the diameter the slower the feed rate :dontknow:

OP
OP
ConceptualizedNetherlandr
Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks everyone. That McNichols has lots of options, some too pricey for this experiment, and I didn't ask for quotes on small pieces for the materials not priced on the site. The smallest holes in metal perf seems to be about 30 mesh equivalent.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a piece off E-Bay it was 2x4' I think I paid like $45.oo I got it from Shapiro metals. The had all different sizes and prices.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would check some of the metal fab shops near you. They may have some scrap of a suitable size for your use.

OP
OP
Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a piece off E-Bay it was 2x4' I think I paid like $45.oo I got it from Shapiro metals. The had all different sizes and prices.

You might be amazed to learn of the price differentials for: material, hole size, hole shape, configuration of holes, thickness of material, finish of material AND SO ON .... boggles the mind :D

that said ... your paid of $5.63/ft^2 is on the way low end of things.

What precisely did you acquire?

OP
OP
Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
I would check some of the metal fab shops near you. They may have some scrap of a suitable size for your use.

LOL near me. Quite the relative concept. Even a post office is an expensive ride away, and commerce farther.

For experimentation purposes it looks like I can get through this for less than $50. If this idea is marketable I'd be looking at quantity and per unit just for the exact perf (part of it only) I want would probably drop to $10.

I can't imagine nobody does this already ...

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri

nh.nugget your post caught my eye about Shapiro Metals. I know Stanly Shapiro and his son Sam. Ive been to a lot of auctions with Stanly and hes my go-2-guy when I need something. I was unaware that he had a online store. ill have to check it out!

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might be amazed to learn of the price differentials for: material, hole size, hole shape, configuration of holes, thickness of material, finish of material AND SO ON .... boggles the mind :D

that said ... your paid of $5.63/ft^2 is on the way low end of things.

What precisely did you acquire?
It was 3/8 holes ,65 thous. aluminium punch plate

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nh.nugget your post caught my eye about Shapiro Metals. I know Stanly Shapiro and his son Sam. Ive been to a lot of auctions with Stanly and hes my go-2-guy when I need something. I was unaware that he had a online store. ill have to check it out!
They had the best prices I shopped around still came back to them. I couldn't even get it here without special order for stupid money. I'll buy more from them when I need it. I'll give them a thumbs up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread