ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use my phone for everyday stuff. For constant video, I use a Swann (usually as a car cam). Theyre a Whole lot less than a GoPro.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not normally take video and I hate the pics from phone cameras so it is normally my Nikon L840 camera or if I will have time and the ability to carry the bag, my Konica-Minolta 5D and change lenses to fit the need for the shot. Looking to replace it with a newer Sony Alpha series body as soon as budget allows. My 7D died and the 5D is still going.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just take my phone with me and normally leave it in the car unless I am going deep into the woods or another less traveled area. When I get home I normally take 2 pics. One of all finds (coins, relics, bling etc) and one with what I think are the good stuff. I asked the wife for a cheap or used video cam so I could document some tests with my detector using each of the 5 coils I have (during the winter months). She brought me home a new go-pro set up. I thanked her and told her not all MDers want to record their hunts. We ended up giving it to my daughter as her birthday present.

OP
OP
M

MikeyWalsh

Greenie
Mar 8, 2017
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter TK4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mainly want to take pictures while exploring but figured I ask about the video camera. Not a bad idea buying a used camera.

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually take one of my cameras with me when exploring in new areas. My bigger one has an 80X zoom lens, but is bigger and heavier than my smaller more basic camera, but in addition to the higher power zoom it has more features. So it all comes down to weight, and many times my smaller camera wins out. I only use my cell phone camera if I'm out local and don't have an actual camera with me.

I've never been much for video, but I certainly see some advantages to that when coupled to a higher-end drone -- I wouldn't mind having one of those eventually, as I'm pretty good at spotting things from the air.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions