Philippine Treasure Hunting Laws

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
the law can be looked up on the net ....u need a $200 permit ......just remember what happened to Roxas and that treasure ....and also remember u find a real treasure and word gets out .....well just think i almost got knifed for $1 worth of rum ....your just a tourist with a permit which u must state where and what your after ....good luck with the pirates and the scams

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i agree with the name i cannot mention or write. it is just so blasphemous. anyway, he is correct. even a 1$ worth of rum , you can be killed.

when you apply for a permit, your area will be inspected by the national museum and other collaborating agencies. but the key word there is if the national museum will ask for support from the local government agencies. if the national museum does not ask for assistance, you can arrange with the national museum for confidentiality and others agreements. however, we really dont know the internal rules of the national museum. maybe we dont know all their internal rules.

i have a client who applied for a treasure hunting permit with the National Museum. so far, the city government of a certain city (not davao city) was not informed of their acdtivity. the national museum did not ask for their assistance.

under the law, only when there is an illegal treasure hunting activity that the city or municipality governemt or the local denr is required to conduct an inspection if it is true that there is an illegal treasure hunting acdtivity. however, when you present to them that you have a treasure hunting permit, they cannot enter the property without a proper valid search warrant from the judge. even when there is a search warrant, you can question that as you already have a treasure hunting permit, and your activity is monitored by the national museum through your submission of quarterly updates.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread