Picked up a kilo Koala round today

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Why are the premiums so low on these considering they are brand new Perth mint silver coins $30 face value. I paid 1.75 over spot, but saw them actually cheaper on Apmex now. That almost never happens here with the decent local coin store prices. Really nice big rounds that have premiums way cheaper than even generic one ounce rounds.

Maybe people don't like buying a kilo of silver in a single coin?

PS What was interesting is that the store was out of many gold and silver items. They were taking orders on everything and the people were paying up. They were being told the items would arrive in 4 to 5 weeks (longer for ASEs). One guy I saw bought around $50K in GAEs. I don't think in this PM environment I would feel comfortable shelling out that kind of money and hope my metals arrive in a month. In this instance, the coin store has to pay their wholesale source right away to lock in. If something ever happened to the wholesale company such as going bankrupt and such, you would just be an unsecured creditor. No way would I take that chance even on a small silver purchase. Prices will probably drop more, hopefully I will be able to get more then.

Jim

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions