Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This post is a tad long. Some folks do not think it is worth their time to bend over and pick up a penny. I do not have a problem with it. At the beginning of 2008, I started keeping all of my "found money" in a jar to do something with it. Early this year I purchased ten 1 ounce silver rounds for $149.80. I turned in my found money and put it towards this purchase. I then decided to see how long it would take me to "pay myself back" the remainder with found money. Today I found the last 11 cents I needed. For me found money was on the ground, left in a coinstar machine, etc. I even started keeping track at the beginning of May to see what I would find in that time. Some of these numbers may seem a bit high, but keep in mind while riding my bike I found approximately 150 pennies lying near where a semi tractor use to park all of the time. I also found about 50 pennies near a vacuum someone dumped at a car wash. Amazing what people call junk. Below is the breakdown since 1 May.

$10 bill - 1
$5 bill - 1
$1 - 2
Quarters - 80
Dimes - 93
Nickels - 56
Pennies - 743

Because I do not have a problem bending over and picking up a penny, I have 10 free ounces of silver.

Attachments

• silver 010.JPG
    silver 010.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,196

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is exactly what I was planning to do- I've kept every scrap of coin I found this year- it is almost a $100 right now.

HH
-GC

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC
I worked for a landscape co watering trees & shrubs on commercial sites. One of the best places was a higher end grocery center and shops. I kept a can in the truck for all the found change. That winter when layoff came around I still had $63 that I hadn;t used already. That was all in change. Not to mention 1-$50, 2-$20, 1-$10, and numerous $1's. Bills tend to collect around bushes or fences. Yep I will pick em up.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try and do the same thing. But sometime I buy silver coins. Next I want to buy gold coins with my change.....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread