Please help me identify my rock.. mineral?.. thing

Jul 9, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello!
I have been searching for answers since last year, and I still haven't quite figured out what on earth this thing is!
I was given a link to this forum, and I was hoping that some kind soul could hopefully assist me in my mission of identifying Jerry The mineral!

We found him under a medium sized rock roughly 4-5 years ago. We decided to move the rock for the fun of it, and found a green stone under it. The stone was located in a regular yard in Sweden. The rock was in 2 different pieces when found, and the rock displayed is roughly 2/3 parts of the whole thing.

I have taken a lot of pictures, which will be provided below in the following imgur link. (Forgive me for not posting them directly, I found the insert image tool incredibly hard to use for this many pictures!

https://imgur.com/a/PsG1RYt (Make sure to remember to click the link & scroll all the way to the bottom!)

Thank you very much for your time! Your efforts of identifying Jerry are greatly appreciated! Hopefully everyone is having a wonderful day. :)

Attachments

• Jerry pic 1.jpg
    Jerry pic 1.jpg
    671.3 KB · Views: 77

Steve1236

Sep 14, 2017
Az
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a wild guess but maybe its blue green flourite on matrix? What's the hardness? Though if the backside is concrete you have some pretty glass...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
TheLinniestLin
Jul 9, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! Thank you very much for your guess.
I did some of the most common 'tests', and found that I was able to lightly scratch it using a regular steel knife, allthough with difficulty. I'm unsure where to place that, as the scale is INCREDIBLY confusing!

We can't really tell what the backside is made of, concrete is a mere guess from the looks of it. Would this mean that it is merely a coloured piece of glass?

EDIT: Crap! I also realised that I forgot to mention a very important thing! I knew that i missed something, but didn't quite remember it until just now.

It is VERY mildly magentic, as in if i take a magnet and hold it up next to the stone, it won't stick, but there will be a very faint pull towards it

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Steve1236

Sep 14, 2017
Az
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you get a chance take some pictures outside in sunlight and get them as clear as you can so I can zoom in, I'll be able to help you better.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TheLinniestLin
Jul 9, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! It has been thundering all day, and sadly enough by the time it cleared up, the sun was setting. These are in natural lighting. If these don't suffice, I'll put up some better ones towmorrow. Until then though - Here's some more pictures!

https://imgur.com/a/sPcCBxq (Make sure to scroll down all the way, as it's an album!)

Upvote 0

Steve1236

Sep 14, 2017
Az
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah those are still to blurry, I apologize I can't help anymore, take some more pictures on a sunny day and try and take clear pics, maybe I'll be able to still help you.
Steve.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread