Plumb Tuckered OUT Field Hunt with Joe Dirt.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Just as the title states. I am Plumb Tuckered OUT!:sleepy4: I really have been enjoying myself recovering so much cool old history from this target rich field. Of course most of the targets are old iron and BIG ones at that. My good friend Joe Dirt joined me today. He scored a way cool old brass cuff link. I was happy as all get out for him. We loaded up on the usual iron finds and helped clear the field a bit more. I did manage a pair of old aluminum tokens, Colgate Cashmere Bouquet lipstick tube?, and an old broken pocket knife. I got a few pretty cool old iron hook relic thingies. Just really glad my best buddy Joe Dirt got a nice find and joined me in the field. I should probably take some time off as this field hunting hauling massive amounts of iron is nearly like WORK!:laughing9: I am heading for the sack. Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

001.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG 011.JPG

Upvote 18

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
man you are cleaning that field out, love the tokens. good to hunt with a friend too.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite a variety,,
Did the farmer install a Barrell for you to dump all the iron? Must be crazy tough carrying all that iron back to the car.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite a variety,,
Did the farmer install a Barrell for you to dump all the iron? Must be crazy tough carrying all that iron back to the car.

No barrel or row of five gallon buckets but, you got me thinking it may be a great idea! The farmer's father is 92 years old and still combines some beans. I hear he has been a collector of stuff. Perhaps he would be interested in some of these finds. I need to meet him and have a nice chat about what other property may have been occupied back in the day.:icon_thumright:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some nice finds. Lots of work hauling out the iron, but well worth the dividends...:thumbsup:

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No barrel or row of five gallon buckets but, you got me thinking it may be a great idea! The farmer's father is 92 years old and still combines some beans. I hear he has been a collector of stuff. Perhaps he would be interested in some of these finds. I need to meet him and have a nice chat about what other property may have been occupied back in the day.:icon_thumright:

I have done that at a couple of iron sites, just brought the 5 gallon plastic bucket in as well, easy to unload the heavy iron into the pail instead of lugging multiple trips back to the truck. A combination of flat iron, a couple of axe heads, along with broken plow points is to much to lug around.

One of your best untapped treasures is the 92 yr farmer for time spent chatting with him will only enhance your hunting grounds. Many times the living memories of the old landowners have turned me onto sites not recorded on maps or any other written source. The times I've heard "I can remember this or that" come from the living historians themselves. I've witnessed folks just blow off the old for not remembering the past or we're too wrapped up in the present to listen.
Every season I make time to talk to every permission, being 10/60 minutes it's always time well spent as I get to know what they're doing with the fields,and there's been many times they'll turn me onto another permission or site.
I'd be loading up some of the ??? iron finds and going back for the chat/show and tell with this fine old farmer. The way I look at it is if he's running a combine at 92 he's got a lot of marbles to share with you. Best of luck
Liking the tokens and cufflink, keep digging.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job, and such a plethora of great finds!! Good place to hunt for sure.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice relic and token finds Kurios. I've cleaned a lot of iron out of the fields over the last 30 years, but those are the places to be. The rewards are worth it, and I do use 5 gallon buckets !

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done that at a couple of iron sites, just brought the 5 gallon plastic bucket in as well, easy to unload the heavy iron into the pail instead of lugging multiple trips back to the truck. A combination of flat iron, a couple of axe heads, along with broken plow points is to much to lug around.

One of your best untapped treasures is the 92 yr farmer for time spent chatting with him will only enhance your hunting grounds. Many times the living memories of the old landowners have turned me onto sites not recorded on maps or any other written source. The times I've heard "I can remember this or that" come from the living historians themselves. I've witnessed folks just blow off the old for not remembering the past or we're too wrapped up in the present to listen.
Every season I make time to talk to every permission, being 10/60 minutes it's always time well spent as I get to know what they're doing with the fields,and there's been many times they'll turn me onto another permission or site.
I'd be loading up some of the ??? iron finds and going back for the chat/show and tell with this fine old farmer. The way I look at it is if he's running a combine at 92 he's got a lot of marbles to share with you. Best of luck
Liking the tokens and cufflink, keep digging.

Wise counsel old sage.;D I have to clean out my CV as it probably has 150 pounds of iron in my trunk! I'll select some of the more interesting pieces for the show and tell meeting. I totally agree that our elders are a living resource of knowledge and wisdom. Very often overlooked and taken for granted these days. We got some rain finally. Not enough to muddy the field but, just enough to hopefully ring me up an old silver coin! Headed you know where. As always, thanks for your counsel, encouragement, and friendship. It could be an all nighter!:blackbeard::skullflag::icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread