PLZ help me with figuring out township quarter sections!

OP
OP
gold chick

gold chick

Dec 28, 2019
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all your advice. I realize now that the BLM is not quite giving me enough information to pinpoint the claims I am looking at. I will need to visit the recorder's office to get the exact dimensions.

If BLM gave the 1/4 sections in the quarters then I could figure it out, but they just give me claim acreage and the quarter it is in, which is not worth guessing, although I could just stay out of that quarter section entirely, which makes sense in some of my situations.

The reality is, there are no shortcuts in treasure hunting, I am learning. Dig all the targets, map all the claims, make sure to not be on private property (and patented claims).

Doesn't seem to sound like much but sitting down and doing the task is a lot of work.

And I do enjoy the process! I have learned so much about mapping systems, claims, types of property, etc. Let alone all the research into locations, history, geology. It's a trip.

But that is what a professional treasure hunter has to do ;)

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all your advice. I realize now that the BLM is not quite giving me enough information to pinpoint the claims I am looking at. I will need to visit the recorder's office to get the exact dimensions.

If BLM gave the 1/4 sections in the quarters then I could figure it out, but they just give me claim acreage and the quarter it is in, which is not worth guessing, although I could just stay out of that quarter section entirely, which makes sense in some of my situations.

The reality is, there are no shortcuts in treasure hunting, I am learning. Dig all the targets, map all the claims, make sure to not be on private property (and patented claims).

Doesn't seem to sound like much but sitting down and doing the task is a lot of work.

And I do enjoy the process! I have learned so much about mapping systems, claims, types of property, etc. Let alone all the research into locations, history, geology. It's a trip.

But that is what a professional treasure hunter has to do ;)

Yes, we all go bumping along, learning as we go - with help from this forum,
you can't go too far wrong, huh...! ?
GL+HH :thumbsup:

Gambrinus

Dec 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure you are correct about the BLM not giving enough information but would you mind showing a screen shot of the page you are looking at or a link to that page?

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread