PM premiums, selling

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There have been alot of threads and posts on here about the high primiums when buying PM's, but I haven't heard about the selling price of physical PM's in regards to premiums. The price difference between buying and selling. My LCS is paying spot price for all silver and gold (scrap, coins, bullion ect.) I'm wondering what it's like around the rest of the country. I know most of you don't sell, but I think it's important to keep up on this part of the market too.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
There have been alot of threads and posts on here about the high primiums when buying PM's, but I haven't heard about the selling price of physical PM's in regards to premiums. The price difference between buying and selling. My LCS is paying spot price for all silver and gold (scrap, coins, bullion ect.) I'm wondering what it's like around the rest of the country. I know most of you don't sell, but I think it's important to keep up on this part of the market too.

On the buy side, except on ASEs, US junk, and other gov bullion (Maples, Libertads, etc) premiums have come down here. I can get 10 oz brand new bars (NTR, etc) for roughly $1.75 or so over spot and walk out with metals in hand.

On the sell side the coin stores are paying roughly spot or a few cents over.

Jim

OP
OP
skeeterd

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I checked on providents website and they are paying about 6.5% over spot for 90% silver coins and ASE's. They are selling the same for about 16.5% over spot. My LCS on the other hand, buys for exactly spot price and sells at about a 40% premium!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread