Points and tools

georgia flatlander

May 21, 2017
Southeastern U.S. (Georgia)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found some interesting points and tools following a hard rain. Found one of the ugliest axes I've ever found, but I guess it was more for function than beauty.

august 10.JPG

august 10 axe1.JPG

august 10 axe2.JPG

august 10 axe3.JPG

Upvote 0

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some really nice finds that's a good day of hunting ..... I like the axe it's different than the usual. I have an arrowhead that is same color even has the lighter colored section in the middle

sugarquartz

Aug 1, 2017
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F 75 LTD SE, Nel tornado coil, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice double bit flaked axe. I like it, very crude but would do the job indeed. Il have to look up the Guilford axe as im not familiar with them. Impressive haul of points and tools to accompany it also. Congrats :thumb_up:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice haul man. Am still looking for a ax. That is sweet.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here they call them "Peanut Axes" usually crude and most think they were used as a war club more that an ax used for cutting wood. Im in N GA. I have a couple 1 made from pect wood and the other a low grade green stone. Nice finds and glad you were able to see the ax most dont see them and think they are nothing more than a rock.

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very exciting! I can't imagine finding so many things at once :)

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice double bit flaked axe. I like it, very crude but would do the job indeed. Il have to look up the Guilford axe as im not familiar with them. Impressive haul of points and tools to accompany it also. Congrats :thumb_up:

Here is what came up when I Googled Guilford Axe. It's what I have always called them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread