Poll - What started you CRH?

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I also got started because I was already buying silver bullion and junk silver for preservation of wealth and that lead me to YouTube videos and then on to this site and then on to CRHing.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I knew that I needed to keep my wealth in things that aren't the dollar, since there are no true "hard" currencies left, it made since to buy gold and silver. When buying silver I realized that, hey, these don't look too much different than the stuff I see in change everyday, if I think they look similar someone else will. Banks also have a large stock of coins on hand and coin counters... Therefore CRHing just came as the realization of those points.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Back about 1979 as a high schooler, I started roll hunting because of the rising value of silver at the time. There was no internet, but i thought to myself, "hey, I can buy rolls of quarters and dimes at the bank, and search for silver - duh!"

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back about 1979 as a high schooler, I started roll hunting because of the rising value of silver at the time. There was no internet, but i thought to myself, "hey, I can buy rolls of quarters and dimes at the bank, and search for silver - duh!"

yep pretty much how I started! although at the last run of silver, not the one in the 80s

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I'm 16 and loved coins ever since I was really young like 3, and then got some paper rolls to play poker with some friends about a month ago, busted them open and got a wheat!!! And then I thought "Wow I get this wheat for 1 cent! What if I just do this and then return them to them bank!" Of course I thought I was a genius for creating this idea, but that obviously wasn't the case.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread