Possibly nice ring and a couple of whatsits, one sterling

rastinirv

Jan 21, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got kind of excited when I saw the little ring in the soil, but since I got it home and cleaned it up I can find no markings so I'm considering it junk until I get it tested. Rang up in the gold range, but then so does lots of stuff. Also found some kind of pierced sterling rim or something, in terrible shape but it's silver, so I won't complain. Other thing I thought looked like an insulator but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

Thanks for looking!

f1.jpg f2.jpg f3.JPG f4.JPG f5.JPG f6.JPG

Upvote 4

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks good to me Thanks Skippy I can use that info also , but if it was fake I would think it would not vdi as gold it would be a higher vdi Great find hope its real Tommy

OP
OP
rastinirv

rastinirv

Jan 21, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That ring looks legit, from the pictures. A great many gold rings don't have markings. My wife's pricey anniversary ring does not... and it's 14K white gold with three big stones.

Here's how you can tell if it's real gold or if the stones are diamond.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/m...determine-if-your-finds-real-gold-silver.html

If you fog test the diamond and determine it's likely real, you can estimate the carat weight using the diameter and this chart:
https://www.brilliance.com/education/diamond-size-chart

Thanks Skippy! I'll see what I can find out

OP
OP
rastinirv

rastinirv

Jan 21, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it passed the make-up test, so I guess it's either gold or silver or gold- or silver-plated. I think it passes the fog test on the stone. I don't totally trust what I'm seeing, so I will still plan on taking it to a jeweler. But those tests are great to know about!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks good so far let us know I hope its real that would be a great find!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread